Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Sorry I was a little busy, but congrats Soxy
  2. Happy Birthday YAS. I am glad to finally be able to put a face with an excellent poster (well probably ensure in those glasses or something )
  3. Thanks so much everyone. I could feel the love from all over the country, and so could our baby Madison. Both mom and baby are extremely healthy and mostly happy. She was born 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Believe me I tried for a good old fashioned southsider name but since Rally Crede didn't go over to well, Madison was a good old fashioned Chicago name. And really very appropriate considering mom and I couldn't be more different in many respects that it would take someone like her to run right down the middle of both of us. And now making her Soxtalk debut (we'll call this her first post when she joins, lol.) Madison!!!
  4. If Frank is healthy and can play first base... you just ran into Christopher Lloyd and Michael J Fox.
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) Griffey is ours! I would drop the green. I could really see this happening. Seriously.
  6. Castilla at Petco??? LMFAO!!!
  7. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:59 PM) sorry guys. Right now I'm an econ major, but still maybe going into finance/business administration. I'm a sophomore. Actually if you are interested, send me an email, and I will try to talk to some people I know.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:25 PM) Try Soxtalk.com.... Jason or Alex are due for a lackey. Yeah, I am already covered as PA is my personal b****.
  9. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:20 PM) Just so you know, I'm selling a glass of Juice on Ebay... in case anyone was thirsty. WHERE IS THE LINK!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
  10. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:11 PM) SnB, I hope you have more luck than I had looking for Vacation Work. The Chicago Exchange sounds like a good place though, we even learnt a little bit about it in one of my finance courses down here, because don't they still record transactions on a big blackboard or something? A couple of the pits in the Mercantile exchange are still all done on paper, such as the Pork Bellys and Cattle pits. The great majority of that stuff is electronic though. The blackboards went out in the 70's for the most part. Even the markets that aren't fully electronic trades, are at least updated by computers for the rest of teh world to see. If you ever come up here, make sure to see the trading floors. Since the SFE went electronic, I don't know where else you would see an authentic trading pit outside of Chicago.
  11. QUOTE(ptatc @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:09 PM) I would doubt that. I think they are going to wait until they receive more medical reports on the foot. That second separate fracture in the navicular is a cause for concern. Especially for a guy that weighs 270 pounds plus.
  12. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:57 PM) Bush was a moron for putting a guy like this in charge of FEMA. If you want to put someone in charge of something as a favor you put him/her in a position where they cant hurt anyone not somewhere like FEMA where millions of people potentially could be depending on you. That is unless they give you a bunch of campaign contributions. Then you give them a night at the White House, or a pardon, or a good word with the SEC, or some nuclear technology...
  13. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:00 PM) Chad Tracy and only Chad Tracy. Chazwozzers?
  14. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:50 PM) What..are you planning on dying tomorrow? Having a baby.
  15. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    Have you tried one of the Chicago exchanges? I know the CBOE does internships for sure, and I would bet the MERC, Board, and th CHX do as well. If you are interested I can find out some info for you.
  16. Ah the irony's. OMG THE BUDGET IS TOO BIG,THINK OF OUR GRANDKIDS!!! OMG YOU CAN'T CUT PROGRAMS, THINK OF OUR GRANDKIDS!!!
  17. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:13 PM) In other news, Southsider is expected to post tomorrow. The funny thing is, I probably won't post tomorrow
  18. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) Awesome, that's like 70 miles from me and I'll definitely be at all 3 games. Gage is coming also. Perhaps we could all get tickets together? That would be a blast. If you all have not been there before, get tickets out in the RF seats. It has a great view of the ballpark, and of the Ohio River behind it.
  19. To me it sounds like Ozzie thinks PK is getting resigned by the Sox, and he doesn't like it, IMO.
  20. I expect next to nothing from Felix Diaz. Maybe he could be a middle reliever, but the Sox have so many better options than Diaz, it isn't even funny.
  21. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 02:11 PM) Good to know our likely next Supreme Court Justice doesn't let little things like seemingly obvious ethical issues slow him down. LMAO. I guess he could just get involved in the Tom Delay case if this doesn't work out for him.
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Where's the weather...? Still waiting for the weather..? Someone said there'd be weather... !!!! Its beautiful outside. Now for sports, The Chicago White Sox are the 2005 World Champions of Major League Baseball. Thanks for watching and goooooooooood night everybody.
  23. Boobs bounce. Interesting premise.
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) Some of the rhetoric down here is so bad, if it was so innaccurate, it would be funny. If this doesn't pass, there will be gay and lesbian couples EVERYWHERE, we'll be OVERRUN! They will be in the SCHOOLS, at WORK, thousands of them, EVERYWHERE. KISSIN' and HIGGIN' I hear there are already plans for half of San Francisco to move to Texas. :headshake I guess I'll finally get to meet Rex. You don't know what you are missing
  25. I would be SHOCKED if Garland signed a multi year deal that had the last years being that cheap. Jon has to have seen what guys who were half as good as him (Clement and Ortiz come to mind) got in this marketplace. He would pull down $10 mil a year for 4-5 years on the open market right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.