Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:08 AM) very localized power outages, nothing more than what would happen during a thunderstorm. No touchdowns. Basically we are escaping basically unscathed. So far. Knock on wood. Good for you guys. You got the rain, without the pain. Stay safe
  2. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:00 AM) Tornado warning, bunch of rain, very windy. More details! What are the winds like? How much rain have you guys got? Do most people have power around your area? What is it like in Brownsville?
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:57 AM) They didn't suck yesterday. We did. It doesn't matter.
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) To be honest, I wasn't too sad to see the old park torn down. I was crushed. I was 16/17 and it was the only home I ever knew. It was like losing a part of my childhood. Plus the replacement park only made it worse, it was so sterile after the character and intimacy of the old lady.
  5. I figured out what our problem was yesterday... No "De-Troit Sucks" chants
  6. This is a joke. I guess people have nothing better to worry about.
  7. China gets turned down
  8. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) At the risk of sounding like an old-timer, the Southside Hitmen and singing with Nancy are some of my best memories. Na-Na gets me every time. It is currently on rotation at my local oldies station and I have to turn it up every time it is played. It never gets old. Roof Shots. When Nancy retires, I believe it will be a sadder day then when any player hung it up. If the team pushes her out, it will be the biggest backlash ever. Nancy has been a White Sox longer than anyone has as far as I am concerned. It will be like the old ballpark closing when she leaves.
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:28 AM) I think they don't play it much anymore because they've gone more in the direction of pre-recorded music - which IMO sucks. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:30 AM) They try to "can" the whole experience. Scoreboard led cheers, applause-o-meters, they try to choreograph the whole thing. There's still something to said for for Nancy on the organ and the fans just picking up on something and running with it. I agree with both of you totally. The thing is I think Sox fans feed off of Nancy more than the do the prerecorded crap. There is nothing that is more Comiskey than singing Steam at the top of your lungs after a go ahead homer.
  10. It doesn't matter for me. I do 99% of my drinking at the tailgate before the game. I can't convince myself to spend for 1 beer what I could buy a six pack for outside of the park.
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:14 AM) he's your brother?! that explains how you became a moderator Brothers and cousins
  12. The only "wave" that should be done at USCF is to get the attention of the beerman.
  13. There will be no AAA for JB, with those numbers someone will trade for him.
  14. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:20 PM) I never really got it. I thought it looked silly seeing socks being waved. I always thought the White Sox thing was "Nah-Nah..Hey Hey Goodbye" when we started rallying. When Nancy pounds out the first few chords after we've pounded a pitcher...it still gives me chills. Do we need socks, too? Maybe I'm being silly. I have said for years that "Na-Na" doesn't get played nearly enough. It should be played tons after HRs and pitching changes. If we want to make it a homefield advantage, these are things we should go back to. Be loud and proud!
  15. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:46 PM) I always get something to drink for the souvenir cup too. I still use my first one from '94. Me too. I have hundreds of them, that my wife keeps trying to get rid of The Brats are the best, but the Connies pizza is solid as well.
  16. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:46 PM) Da Sox, There is old saying... If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Glad you had a great time SS! Post more!!! Always great to hear fun times at the ole ballpark. You want me to post more? I'm only one man!! (well one man and 16 computer automated response programs) In all seriousness, glad you had a great time at the game. The renovations to the park make it one of the best parks in all of baseball.
  17. The DOWNSIDE of being 12 games up??? Are you kidding me??? THIS IS THE BEST TEAM THE SOUTHSIDE HAS EVER SEEN AT THIS STAGE OF A SEASON. THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE!!!! Quit waiting for the skies to fall and enjoy it!!! What is wrong with people? The Chicago White Sox have been in exsistance for 105 years and have NEVER been better, and people are perpetually stress about what is WRONG with this team. You are missing the boat on this one. :headshake
  18. QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 02:23 PM) Also yesterday some kids were standing in the concourse with thier brand new shiny hats and jerseys and proceeded to ask my girl what she was doing with me...... It makes me think of the days when it really was only true fans that were at the Comiskey.... Sorry, she was hot.
  19. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050719/D8BEKE903.html Let the fun begin.
  20. I just got two free tickets for tonight
  21. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    With Friends like that, who needs enemies.
  23. QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) I'm buying then! Why I oughta
  24. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:51 PM) Just saw a satellite - looks like it's getting close, Tex... hold on! And I saw the Tornado Watch. Just for Southsider, WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEERRRRREEEEEEEEE IIIIIISSSSSS IIIIITTTTT? EVERYBODY OUTSIDE!!!!
  25. QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:45 PM) I guess so. I'm out then

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.