southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
FutureSox Update
Awesome. Can you direct traffic to the FS message board as a temp fix? That way you could still post content for people to read at least...
-
Jokers Wild
QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:18 PM) CrackrockRaines, every other weak spot in the line-up is filled by a guy that has actually experienced offensive success in the major leagues, save for wherever Crede is batting on that particular day. There is a reasonable expectation that they will all hit at some point this season, again, exept for Crede. His stellar fielding doesn't make up for his .302 career on-base-percentage. All right dude, I know you are new here and all... but stop the name calling now. Its not wanted, funny, or allowed. Consider this your friendly warning.
-
Deep Throat
QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:57 PM) I was wondering the same thing. I guess Vanity Fair is the new standard for investigative journalism. :banghead Someone has to do it...
-
The wizzard of OZ?
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) Everone and their f'in "IF this happens then that should have happened"... damn, it's OVER. I can't wait until tonight so this s*** gets behind us. And a whole new list of things to second guess.
-
The wizzard of OZ?
QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:54 PM) Then when IS a proper time to use AJ in that game? never? Last-man-off-of-the-bench.
-
Attendance 05-30-2005
QUOTE(The Critic @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) ....I swear, kids, if you don't stop it RIGHT THIS SECOND I will TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!!! I gotta remember those lines... I'll be using them soon enough.
-
Terrible Topics today
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:46 PM) Steff showing Willie some [resists the urge to comment]
-
The wizzard of OZ?
QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:37 PM) Honestly, with two outs and men on 2nd 3rd, the odds of only one man scoring and pushing it into late innings are long. More likely, either zero or two runs are going to cross home plate, making the "your only other cather" arguement moot. Plus, its not like it was the second inning and you were using your only back up catcher. It was the ninth and the game was on the line. Following your logic, AJ would never had been used. AJ should have been the last man used. Its proper bench management. You don't leave yourself bare at the toughest position to play. The Sox were a wild pitch away from going to extra innings... and judging by the wildness that Scot Shields showed yesterday, it isn't that hard to imagine.
-
Terrible Topics today
QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:40 PM) Just today... Its a new Soxtalk feature... Terrible Topic Tuesday!!!! and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday, and...
-
SoxTalk Useless Trivia Game
??? Who, what, and why???
-
The wizzard of OZ?
QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) Whether or not Guillen's pitching moves were sound decisions is debatable. I didn't agree with leaving Buerhle in that long, but I also didn't want to see Erstad up with two on. Fare enough. Ozzie, on the other hand, should have his power over the batting order immediatly stripped by Kenny-boy. Pinchhitting for Iguchi--stupid. Replacing an injured Thomas with Perez--semi-stupid (Everett sucks anyway). Not giving AJ a crack in the ninth, instead of Perez--real-f***ing-stupid. 2009 is a long way away. Is it possible to bring in a pitching staff coordinator and lineup coordinator, like football, and simply make Ozzie the head coach. I'd rather have Terry Shea setting the Sox batting order. Why would you use your only catcher on the bench in that situation? If something happens and we go to extra innings, it is Chris Widger or bust, even if Widge gets hurt. Its a common sense move.
-
Terrible Topics today
I will agree that Willie seems to be making more quality work of his times in games this year. When he tried stealing second on the foul ball, and when he finally did steal it, he was very decided in his move to second. Last year he seemed tentative and unsure of himself. If we can have that kind of speed and a basestealing threat coming off of the bench, that is awesome for the late innings.
-
Poor Buddy Bell
I was hoping Jerry Manuel would get the job... oh well. Sucks to be Buddy Bell.
-
Ozzie's most dubious managerial call yesterday?
QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) I agree, there were some bad decisions yesterday, especially the bunt, but this board has gone overboard on the second guessing. Bottom line, the players need to perform when put in those situations. Ozzie doesnt control Marte's aim, or Gooch's glove. The players need to not give away that game. It reminds me of a parody I made up from last year.
-
Accounting Firm that Audited Enron NOT GUILTY
It was a technicality. The jury instructions were "flawed" http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=806045
-
Ozzie's most dubious managerial call yesterday?
Too bad this thread isn't an option.
-
Deep Throat
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) I've been researching Deep Throat and following the research at my university for a year now. This is not the name my school came up with and it will be awfully interesting to see what transpires. This man, Felt, is not the name my university came up with, Fielding. This could be the news story of the year. http://www.comm.uiuc.edu/spike/deepthroat/ Keep us posted on what the prof says, if you don't mind Addy. I am curious how this develops.
-
Attendance 05-30-2005
You guys are making my head hurt. QUIT ARGUING ABOUT NOTHING BEFORE I LOCK THIS DAMNED THREAD.
-
Favorite Songs about Chicago
Now for something really interesting, how about favorite Chicago beers?
-
Thanks to all who gave
Definately some extra special love for our own guys Nuke, USAF, and SoxfaninBeverly who are taking care of us all :usa :usa
-
Accounting Firm that Audited Enron NOT GUILTY
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) No details yet on this, but the Supreme Court overturned the conviction of Arthur Anderson on their audit of Enron. I wonder if it was a trial technicality or real evidence that says that AA wasn't at fault? This will have interesting ramifcations on Wall Street in the long run about the assurances auditors provide. It has got to be on a technicality, because everything that I have read, had AA and Enron in bed together tighter than inbreeders. Both of those companies need the book thrown at them hard core.
-
Attendance 05-30-2005
QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:17 AM) PEOPLE! Read what I put. FRANK'S THUNDER-STRUCK INTRO WAS NOT A LOUD AS BUEHRLE'S ITS THAT EASY. OFCORSE FRANK'S OVATION WAS LOUDER WHEN HE CAME TO BAT, THATS CUZ BUEHRLE DOESNT BAT. Maybe if you were at the game you would know. Dude relax. No need to flip out over nothing.
-
Twins- Toronto series thread
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:37 PM) Just checking in from canada (I'm here for the week). I was at the game today at the skydome, errr rogers centRE. 1) skydome sucks. so quiet, so bland. honestly feels like your walking into an office building at first. 2) i hate the twins. 3) even though the skydome sucks, it has some nice ass video screens. Did you guys stay at the hotel there or somewhere else?
-
Former Sox Player D. Jimenez
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:43 AM) Oh yeah, I remember that one now. We probably should've listened to Klesko on that one. The thing is the Sox are full of "questionable" players. Sometimes players just need a second chance. Heck remember all of the Carl Everett horror stories? And all of the AJ Pierzynski stories out of San Fran? It all depends on the situation.
-
Ricky Angelo
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:41 PM) I got this swampland in Florida you would die for. PM me if you want some details. PM sent