southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
A Sox trade brewing....
QUOTE(quickman @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:45 PM) Sorry i have been in a pressure cooker lately. Five contracts, lots of work. Cannot relax at all. No sleep....blah blah blah. Have one on me Quicky Take care.
-
A Sox trade brewing....
QUOTE(qwerty @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:12 PM) Anthrax is always right? Check. Jimh knows nothing and has the biggest ego on the board? Check. Kenny williams could win 10 world series in a row and anthrax would b**** because they lost three games in that time span in the playoffs? Check. Anthrax got pwn3d by bacially everyone that participated in this thread yet he cannot see the light. Hm, wonder why? Not because he has a huge ego right? Anthrax give it up. Every single thing you proposed was not fully thought out and had flaws. Other gms would have hung up on you in the matter of minutes while laughing. Every trade you proposed you most likely made on mvp baseball 2005 therefore you thought it could happen in the real world. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
-
Another option at 3b.
QUOTE(quickman @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:04 PM) this thread is a complete retread of four others. All by the same people too.
-
Another option at 3b.
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 25, 2005 -> 04:40 PM) Joe Crede: 45 G, 147 AB, 0.245 BA, 4 HRs, 16 RBI, 0.305 OBP, 0.381 SLG Joe Randa: 43 G, 152 AB, 0.283 BA, 4 HRs, 23 RBI, 0.368 OBP, 0.434 SLG Vinny Castilla: 44 G, 154 AB, 0.286 BA, 4 HRs, 25 RBI, 0.364 OBP, 0.468 SLG Vinny still has the best #s, though Randa looks equally attractive. Change of chant: GET VINNY FOCKING CASTILLA OR JOE FOCKING RANDA You mean Vinny Castilla who has seen his batting average fall 75 points in less than a month? We already have a guy like that, why do we need another?
-
Best yet to come for White Sox ace Garland
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 25, 2005 -> 06:31 PM) you mean when he has a tired arm and is on the DL winning us games? Go back and look at his playoff record. He singlehandedly carried the Yankees to the playoffs, and kept winning there as the rest of the team fell apart. I don't know about you, but personally I would rather have pitchers that win when it matters.
-
sleep much?
Weekdays 6 hours, plus an hourish on the train. Weekends 10-12 hours.
-
A.J. FUCKING PIERZYNSKI
QUOTE(skidoochic @ May 25, 2005 -> 04:56 PM) Boy I saw the thread title here and thought this is my lucky day A.J. is a god! Welcome to Soxtalk!!!
-
Who would you pick
There was no one worse than Jaime Navarro. We gave that piece of s*** a long term contract for a ton of money, instead of Roger Clemens, and instead of being a stud, he was a complete asshole who would blame the offense for not scoring 8 runs when he gave up 7 in 2 innings. f*** Navarro.
-
Would you trade BMac
Why did I just feel like I morphed into the Rowand/Devil commerical?
-
Best yet to come for White Sox ace Garland
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 25, 2005 -> 02:03 PM) I wouldnt label El Duque as ace... he has been very effective so far but he has been hit pretty hard even with the low era and than an ace has to go more than what 2.2 innings :puke Buehrle and Garland = Aces Garcia, Contreras, and El Duque = solid 2's thats rating them on how they have done on this season so far. Talk to me in October, then tell me if Hernandez isn't an ace. He wins when it counts.
-
I would love to see
QUOTE(Cali @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:11 PM) This thread raises a question, who will the next Sox retired number be? How long into the future will it be before they retire another one? Whenever Frank retires #35 will be the next number to be retired. Guys who could merit consideration in the future include Robin Ventura and Mark Buehrle if he keeps it up.
-
I would love to see
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:05 PM) He didn't retire. He was banned. Not Joe, the number silly...
-
McCarthy/Santana
I don't think any of us have seen enough of Erwin Santana to make that comparision.
-
I would love to see
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) Joe Jackson never had a number. That makes it easy to retire
-
How secure is your social security number?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2401347_pf.html
-
JP Morgan Chase
QUOTE(mreye @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) They're expecting 16,000 and I'm the only Soxtalk member? I should get a free T-shirt to wear during the race or something. First of all our company sucks fat ass. Secondly that ought to be a pretty solid course for you to run. It is REAL flat. Go get em!
-
Runaway Bride indicted
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-0...htm?POE=NEWISVA
-
Buehrle Comparison
QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) From what I've heard, Koufax was more dominant. MB = Maddux is a better comparison. Consistent, consistent, consistent. Always prepared. Always around the plate. Always solid. What more could you want? I do like the lefty Maddux comparision. That is very solid.
-
The New Sox Commercial(s)
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) The Rowand commercial is pretty bad. I've seen it a few times on CSN, the devil is f***ing annoying. I wasn't going to say anything, but the Rowand commericial was just bad. It took a turn for cartoonish, which the previous ones never had.
-
Pics for sigs
That last Iguchi pic is creepy. Damn is he intense!
-
BMac might stay with Sox
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) MB started his career out as a long reliever so I dont have a problem with B Mac going to the bullpen once Hernandez comes back it only makes our bullpen stronger... Mark was also called up in July of 2001 when this team was already dead and buried. Brandon also needs his innings.
-
Buehrle Comparison
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) I remember Bill Gleason saying that Buehrle is very similar to Sandy Koufax Sandy Koufax? how's that? Everything I have ever read about Sandy, Mark sounds nothing like him.
-
How does a kid from Indiana ...
All the more reason the Cubs need to let this stupid s*** die. Play a tape recording of Harry singing for most games, and then maybe have a few quality guests every now and then. As of now they just look ignornant with the idiots that get up there.
-
BMac might stay with Sox
QUOTE(Wedge @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:40 AM) Out of curiousity: suppose we send McCarthy back to AAA after Duque gets back, what happens in September and October? I forgot these rules, but don't the rosters extend to 40-men? How does this affect arbitration eligibility? Thanks in advance. There are a couple of ways around this. If we are way out in front you might see another "injury" to Hernandez, which would allow us to call up Brandon, making both Hernandez and McCarthy eligible for the post season roster.
-
Bull Update
Awesome. Go Get Em Bull!!!!