Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Ricky Angelo
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:41 PM) I got this swampland in Florida you would die for. PM me if you want some details. PM sent
-
'sup with Hermy??
Didn't have a tight back earlier in April where he missed a couple of days? Seems like this might be a chronic thing for the season.
-
The last 10 days
QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:47 AM) We will go 14-1 in that stretch!!!!!!1 If we go 14-1 in that stretch, I will buy you drinks until you puke.
-
First time to 'The Cell'
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) What's wrong with the 'El"???? I think it's one the best, truly Chicago experiences. Yes, the wait can be lengthy and the trains will be full leaving the game, but the few times I've driven to the game, it took me a lot longer to get home that way. Getting to my car sucked, getting out of the lot sucked, getting on the highway sucked AND I paid a s***load more than what the train costs. There is nothing wrong with the El, if it works for your situation. Its just some dopes perpetuating stereotypes...
-
do you think Garland will win over 20 game
It'll be interesting. Being 8-2, if he can go 12-10 in his last starts, he can win 20.
-
First time to 'The Cell'
I wouldn't mess around trying to get tickets for this series. I would just get on whitesox.com and pay face value. These tickets are going to sell pretty well, I think.
-
The last 10 days
QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:48 PM) We're gonna have to cause I just looked at a stretch we have in the dog days of August starting on the 8th.. @NY @NY @NY, @BOS @BOS @BOS, MIN, MIN, MIN, NY, NY, NY, @MIN @MIN @MIN Uhh, we're gonna need some cushion before we start that stretch.. :headshake August is our make and break for 2005. If we can survive that, print the playoff tickets.
-
Quick Notes from Texas
QUOTE(Fotop @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:33 PM) Talk about the hardest HRs I've seen hit live? That one was MAYBE top five. But yes, it was crushed. I can tell you my top three though, all at the cell, two of them off of Foulke (with the honorable mention going to one off of foulke as well) I don't really remember the years but: 3) McGwire hitting one out of U.S. Cellular, literally, it one hopped the LF concourse and bounced out over the hat shop. 2) Giambi trashing Foulke for a 3-run shot to right. 1) Eric Chavez DESTROYING Foulke to the Right Center concourse. Honorable Mention: Sosa mashing Foulke to tie a Cubs v. Sox game in the Ninth. more than likely cork and steriod aided, but hey so was Giambi's. Just thought I'd go off on a little tangent here, but I agree that ball was destroyed. I was there for Bonds BOMB off of Colon (the game where he Kd him the first 3 times, and Jerry left him in for the 9th), and I know they listed it at like 460 feet, but it was every bit as far as Borchards HR.
-
Attendance 05-30-2005
That was a great tribute to Frank today. Even if he doesn't come back in 2006 because of whatever, he knows that Sox fans appreciate what he has done for their team.
-
Kaz Matsui
Kaz Matsui, if that's the answer, I don't want to know the question.
-
Sox Notes: Takatsu needs to clear mind
I really think he will be OK. To me it looks like he is struggling to find his release point. He needs to work and get straightened out.
-
Which team will be the odd man out?
I think the Rangers will fade again, but that is only as a victim of their own ballpark. It is just brutal to play down there in June, July, August, and September. It is around 100 degrees everyday, and it just wears you out. The Rangers always seem to have horrible August and Septembers, and I would bet that is a big reason why.
-
France Rejects EU
I'm not surprised at all. They have been projecting this for a while now. I was just surprised that they lost by 10 percentage points.
-
Our record outside the AL Central
QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:56 PM) We aren't running away with anything. We play the Twins 13 times in August and September. Those games will likely decide the division. I agree 100%. One comforting thing is that even with the mediocre ball the Sox have been playing lately, the Twins haven't been doing anything worth noting either. But we all know the Twins play their best ball down the stretch, and with a younger team than previous years, this probably will be more so, as many of these guys get comfortable with their roles.
-
Films
Rented The Final Cut on DVD this weekend. It started Robin Williams and Mira Sorvino in a pretty cool sci-fi style movie. Basically in the near future, this company offers implants that films every second of a persons life, and then when they die, people called "cutters" edit down peoples lives to a short highlight film called a "rememory". My only complaint was the movie ended a little quickly/abruptly for my liking. It is definately worth a rental though.
-
Frank leaves game early
So this is the guy we are depending on to save the team? He can't even run "too fast" without getting hurt? Great. That makes me feel much better.
-
Happy Birthday whitesoxfan99 and Pale Hose Jon!!!
Happy Birthday Hot Chick Dude, and PHJ
-
Happy Birthday Sox4lifeinPA
Happy quarter century, big guy!!!!
-
Who would you rather have ?
These polls kill me.
-
France looks set to veto EU consititution
There is a pretty good group of us who are into world current events... We don't always agree, but we like to follow it.
-
SnR live Saturday with NUKE CLEVELAND
NUKE=Jinx
-
Former Sox Player D. Jimenez
QUOTE(Texsox @ May 28, 2005 -> 07:58 AM) I thought that Koch was one standup guy. He lost whatever it was that made him great for a season, never made excuses, never ducked from responsibility. I like the guy and wish him luck. I agree 100%. Koch was always a standup guy. I don't obsess about a guy sucking, but it pisses me off when a guy thinks he is bigger than his team or the game itself.
-
An open letter to Frank Thomas
I think someone needs to change their name to "goingdowninflames"
-
Cub Era Dead?
QUOTE(danman31 @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:01 PM) They have some good minor leaguers that are going to need playing time soon if they plan on ever winning again. And they will have AT LEAST $20 million in free payroll to spend next year. Closer to $30 if Nomar isn't resigned. Unfortunately, the Cubs will be fine.
-
Hillary could win presidency in '08
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 28, 2005 -> 05:33 AM) Which shows that McCain was man enough to put personal differences aside and do what he believed was best for the country. It's all in how you spin it. Or he just campaigned for the guy that was way closer to his personal belief system. Its just like Howard Dean, Joe Lieberman, and the others campaigning for Kerry.