Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:06 PM) who the f*** is santana? I don't know, but baby he is so smooth
  2. Wow, Cincinnati has begun the youth movement and kissed 2005 good-bye. Seriously did any team have a worse off season?
  3. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 23, 2005 -> 02:38 PM) To answer your orignal question, times change, sports change and areas change. I look around Chicago (and I mean the actual city, not the burbs) and I see it moving away from it's blue collar reputation. No, it's not impossible to win with our payroll and a huge payroll doesn't guarantee success, but can you imagine what KW might be able to accomplish with just an extra 10-15 extra mil per year? An interesting question. My concern would have been that the temptation would have been to not subtract some of the problems we had, and instead to just add to the team. This winter was solid not only for who we added, but who we chose to get rid of. I wonder if KW would have just simply spent the extra money, and if that were the case, would it have changed our luck at all. And as for spending money, we all know that it helps, but doesn't necesarily mean anything. A great example, is if you add up all of the Yankees payrolls starting with 2000, they have spent just under $800 million, and have won the same amount of WS's as we have, none.
  4. QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 23, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) If Paul Wellstone didnt die, I am pretty sure he would of won now, I have this clown 'representing' me in the Senate . I have never liked him I never realized that Wellstone was a Socialist, until I got conned into sitting into a meeting of the Democratic Socialists of American. They talked about this guy like he was a demigod. You talk about a group that is left of left of left. Basically the government should pay for everything for everyone always. These people were certifiably off of their rockers. Jan Shakcowsky(sp) is another one.
  5. Rooney>>>>>>Hawk>>Farmer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DJ
  6. Whatever happened to the condos that were supposed to go up at State and 35th?
  7. Christopher Walken as Han Solo? Damn that would have changed the whole series. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7907626/
  8. QUOTE(The Critic @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) If you look closely you can see that Burnitz is clearly IN the weeds on the wall... ...I'd blow that up for an extreme closeup, but I'm too busy today.... They really should remove those baskets, maybe put up a little fence or something to keep the drunks from falling over the wall instead. I'm thinking spikes to impail themselves on would be more effective... [authors note, no green text was on purpose]
  9. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050523/D8A8S7H00.html
  10. And actually here is Iguchis HR into the basket, to contrast it with. With a 200% zoom off of a regular imaging program, the seem of the fence is clearly visible through the ball, meaning it is inside the basket, and not outside of it.
  11. Here is an option for the NHL... play some f***ing hockey
  12. This consumer alert has just been issued for all females. BE AWARE!!
  13. I like it all except for our pitchers hitting. That scares me.
  14. QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) Seams on a ball aren't that big and aren't grayish-green. The size of the seams looks proportional to the ball. Also the sun/shadowns going into the ivy when added to an extreme zoom, could play with the color. Plus I did a little visual aiding here. If you look at the yellow lines, each of them follows a piece of the fencing grid. Then all of the sudden when you get to the ball, that pattern breaks, and turns into the exact same curvature that the seams of a baseball would have. I don't think there is any doubt that this ball was under, not in, the fencing.
  15. QUOTE(Iguana @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) looks like it's in front of the basket to me. That's what I was thinking too. If you follow the pattern of the chain link, it disappears behind the ball. It is a gridded pattern, and the pattern accross the ball curves, I think you are looking at the seams.
  16. That's freaking awesome.
  17. Dispite the people not understanding what Ozzie was trying to do, everyone knows that was the correct move in that situation. When a guy making his major league debut, in hostile territory, against one of the best pitchers in the game, and having had tons of success in it, you make sure he has a chance to win it. Period.
  18. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 22, 2005 -> 06:41 PM) As a matter of fact lots of us all are not at all alright with it. Sad that the President was, and sad that so many still are. As for your wondering whether starting a war in Iraq based on false premises and printing an incendiary story are different... uhm, yeah, they are. Yeah you are right about that... at least the government had more than one source.
  19. Happy Birthday to two of our favorite Star Wars and Barons junkies!!!
  20. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Anyone else think the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is going to kick ass? I also felt a lot better about War of the Worlds after seeing the extended previews during Star Wars.
  21. southsider2k5 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) Why did Obewon just leave Anakin there? Wouldn't he have finished the job? Jedi cannot kill unarmed men... and seeing as he had no arms or legs....
  22. So I guess you are all, all right with the Iraq war being fought because of bad information? Oh no wait, I am sure that is different.
  23. QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:57 PM) Walker and Timo.
  24. QUOTE(3E8 @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) He should throw exclusively to AJ only. He is a different pitcher when AJ is behind the plate. Agreeed 1000000000000000000000000000000000%
  25. I was laughing the whole time I was hearing that. That has got to be Sammy-esque for patheticness.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.