Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
March 2005 Quotes of the Month
Tex about the Ebay auction of infamous breast implants.
-
Willie to Milwaukee rumor
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 12:44 PM) The Royce comment stands by itself. So does your avatar
-
U.S. Celluar White Sox?
Welcome to the 21st century. Its either that or have a Pirates like payroll to match our Pirates like attendance.
-
Buying all 30 NHL teams for $3.5 billion?
QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) This sounds nice... but the day Bill Wirtz doesnt own the Blackhawks anymore is the day about 10,000 blackhawk fans get fined for peeing on his grave. MurcieOut? Only 10,000?
-
Good news/bad news
January saw the fewest deaths for Americans since July in Iraq. But today the US death toll hit 1500. http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/ca...th_x.htm?csp=34
-
U.S. Celluar White Sox?
QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) Maybe I'm a moron, but what do you mean there? That USC money is going to turn into a ball player.
-
U.S. Celluar White Sox?
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 11:21 AM) It makes me all tingly inside. It makes my bowles all tingly....
-
Reinsdorf on the Score
I've been thinking more about JRs payroll quotes. This is what it comes down to. Say we have $5 million in unspent payroll (I have no idea how much in reality, that is a just a number I pulled out of my ass) Would having another $5 million type player all year be more valuable to the Sox vs picking up a $10 million type player in July (and only owing him that same $5 mil for the 2nd half of the season). Opinions?
-
Willie to Milwaukee rumor
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 10:24 AM) We'd be coming out on top with that one Steff. That guy's comedic value is through the roof! And Willie doesn't have any comedic value? Watch him stand on first befuddled trying to read a pitcher. Now THAT is comedy.
-
66 on trial for child sex crimes
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/03...rial/index.html
-
Reinsdorf on the Score
Wow, that is really interesting. KW said he asked for a million extra here and there a couple of times over the winter. I wonder if that extra money is from the UScell thing? Also very interesting about Pudge. They are really trying to mend burnt bridges. I wonder if they are trying to get him a job in this organization?
-
U.S. Celluar White Sox?
BTW, say thanks for the money that will turn into the Sox move in July, or maybe here in the next month.
-
Buying all 30 NHL teams for $3.5 billion?
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 08:45 AM) I think if this somehow did end up happening (i don't think it will) you'd see 6 or so teams contracted immediately. No doubt about it. I wonder how that would affect the labor stuff at the sametime? Would the league start over, or would they have to apply the same rules? What would happen to player movement.
-
Buying all 30 NHL teams for $3.5 billion?
If you have Wall Street looking at the business, that tells me something. Those guys are in business to make money, nothing else. And that means that there is a lot more revenue/and or waste going on than we know about.
-
Hurricanes beat the Marlins
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 11:02 PM) Are the canes ranked? I watched them play against FSU a few times when I was going to school there for a time... FSU was always ranked high and I attended games, but it's just not the same at all... Not to bash college baseball, but I liken it to watching professional women's basketball...You see the effort and the talent, but it just doesn't feel like real baseball. (Ok, that's a bit harsh.) They were ranked #11 as of that game.
-
Long local rant
Eye- City has done the samethings. The area they are taking down includes a near-historic all brick Amtrak station, that was turned into a tastefully done local restaraunt after Amtrak deserted it. It is a locally owned, nonchain place that has an incredible view of the port, Trail Creek, and the world famous lighthouse. That is going to be a hotel now. The other side they are taking down two local places and turning it into condos. This kind of stuff has been happening all over town since the 50's. City has a long tradition of screwing up things like this. Back in the 50's they closed down their "old" down town to foot traffic and turned it into a Square. Well without all of the auto traffic people deserted the area and began building down on the south end of town, starting with the first local mall. Finally in the 90's they reopened the area to traffic, but the damage was done a generation ago. Downtown sits with historic old buildings completely deserted and boarded up just rotting. I have been in many towns where they have turned their old downtowns into flea markets or recruited named businesses who usually build store fronts, to occupy these buildings. All city has done is offer abatements, but really made no effort to reach out to the business community. And that type of stuff has continued to this day. They used to host the Ms Indiana competition, the former mayor thought it was sexist, so that is gone, along with its economic impact. The Citys big festival over Labor Day that raised money for college scholarships split town over a dispute that basically involved power over it. City wanted power, and when they didn't get it, they double the price to have the fest. The fest left for LaPorte. And as for running for office, I would like to. But you know what I make and where I work(basically). I don't have the money or time to do it. I really would like to, but logistically its just impossible. And Wino, yes the SB is very independant. They also have no clue so they hire all of these consultants to tell them what to think. Heck they should just hire the consultants for the school board and cut out the middleman. But the people they should be listening to, they don't. As a matter of a fact for the first time in the history of MCAS, the board refused to let the teachers union speak at their meeting. Flat out refused.
-
U.S. Celluar White Sox?
QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 12:52 AM) In all seriousness, I think Joan Cusack is hot. That's just gross :puke :headshake
-
Happy Birthday to all!!!
- Quick question
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 11:11 PM) All FSN has going for it right now is summer sanders. And the band played on...- White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:18 AM) That lineup is one of the reasons why the word "suck" was created. :headshake I'm thinking more like "swallow" But in reality, we are looking at what to do with these guys more than anyone else. We need to know who the last man on the roster is going to be, and if the rest of these guys can fill rolls if needed, or if maybe these guys have any trade value.- White Sox vs. Rockies (3/2/2005)
22 page thread for the first spring training game... Do you think people here are ready for baseball to start?- Democracy on the march in the middle east?
I found it interesting that both of you had to point out that it wasn't the US that was responsible for most of this, when that wasn't the crux of the article or in anything I said.- Willie to Milwaukee rumor
Sounds like our disappointment for your disappointment to me...- Democracy on the march in the middle east?
- Quick question