Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 10:49 AM) Why not keep Willie and sign Jeff Nelson to a much cheaper, minor-league deal. I'd rather have him that Urbina anyways. Why would Jeff Nelson want to come here on a minor league deal? Our pen is stuff with quality righties, so his chances of making the team are small right now. He wants a chance, he wouldn't get one here.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    50% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category. Weird, almost all of my answers were Midwest or common?!?!
  3. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:10 AM) LCR makes me think. Always well thought out opinions, backed as much as possible by good sources. Mom always said if I can't say something nice... In all seriousness. Tex is a very devoted and thoughtful guy. Plus he loves good irony in his sense of humor.
  4. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:58 AM) I'm pretty sure Cruz scored the run to clinch the division(on a sac. fly by Baines?) That I remember vividly. It was Juice on a sac fly.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 10:07 AM) We have a tradition that if we're still up and partying at 4:00am, we race naked. To the end of the block and back or whatever depending on who's house we're at. Remind me not to buy a place in your neighborhood
  6. 12:01 am New Years Day
  7. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Yes, Cruz hit 9th, we also had Ron Kittle in left, not so much range. That must be why I remember Cruz and Law together was hitting 9-1 back to back after the first at bat.
  8. QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:49 AM) Today marks 19 years since Da Bears Super Bowl XX victory! 19 years
  9. http://www.nbc5.com/education/4130736/deta...994&dppid=65172
  10. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:44 AM) Carlton Fisk batted 2nd on that team. Even after Cruz got here? It has been a while and I was only 9 at the time.
  11. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:38 AM) Would we keep both Valdez and Willie Harris on the roster? Are there enough spots? If we keep 11 pitchers, yes there is.
  12. QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:22 AM) That's sort of the point to begin with. I don't know the specifics of this court case - but the principle seems pretty similar. Personally, I think they should get rid of special plates anyway, and a lot of cops seem to think so too. Makes it harder to identify out of state plates. Thing is, its an easy revenue generator. The plates aren't going to change anytime soon.
  13. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/26/...main/index.html
  14. QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) I pretty much agree. I think everyone can be bought. But, I just think it is a sad comentary on our society. Its easy to say that as an American. If you want a really interesting read on the type of people we are dealing with read the December National Geographic on Afganistan. One of the tenets of their religion REQUIRES them to give shelter and safety to ANYONE who shows up on their doorstep. It doesn't matter if it their mortal enemy, they HAVE to do it. If they turn in someone, their life is over. It would be like having a child molester show up in your neighborhood... a person turning in Bin Laden would be viewed the sameway. In the article someone said a person turning in Bin Laden, his life wouldn't even be worth "an onion". One of the other interesting quotes was even if an American soldier showed up at their door, they would give them refuge. I highly recommend the article to anyone who wants to get a feel for thier society.
  15. I made this post on my blog after reflecting a little longer. http://boringtheworld.blogspot.com/2005/01...o-know-you.html
  16. QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 10:11 PM) I would trade Borchard for a groundskeeper. Why? We have the best groundskeeper in the game
  17. I have no idea if he even reads here anymore, but he was one of the funniest guys of the old group that hung out on the ESPN boards. Whereever you are Arne, here's to you
  18. So how about we play along and compliment the person above us? I'll even start. Mreye an absolutely devoted family man, and a cool guy to have a beer with.
  19. I'm going to unlock this with a general warning to all to drop the name calling... Anyways, I doubt the Sox are interested, as with this posting system you have to bid for the right just to negotiation with the player. I think the Sox are about capped out right now, and they have someone at 3B.
  20. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 10:43 PM) As much as I would love him to win rookie of the year.. I rather have another award 2005 AL Central Champs Chicago White Sox Word
  21. I was trying to get a feel for this team by comparing them to another of the Sox teams that I have seen. I came to the conclusion that this team really resembles the 1983 team in a lot of ways. They have speed at the top of the order, thump in the middle of the order, great range on defense, and an entirely solid pitching staff. Opinions? Any other better teams to compare these guys too? The early 80's is about as far back as I remember well.
  22. He'll fit right in there...
  23. Boy it is really hard to even tell who is going to be in BHam this year. There is going to be such a logjam in Charlotte, and that will set off a chain reaction all of the way through the system.
  24. QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 10:52 PM) UNC is a very good basketball team. He didn't say they were the best team but that is the team he thinks will win the NCAA championship. Personally I have no problem with him saying that either. Illinois or North Carolina would be my title pick if the tourney started today. UNC will present huge match up problems for anyone they get. They have 3 legitimate scorers. The one spot where UNC is weaker is they are not as deep. So basically the key would be for UNC to stay out of foul trouble.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.