Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I might catch slack for this, but I would rather see Willie in the line up everyday vs Barry Larkin.
  2. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:47 AM) Whore.
  3. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:52 AM) As I'm reading this thread, I can't believe you guys waited 3 hours for a pizza. Man I would have just walked out of the place quite frankly, of course the pizza down here probably isn't as good. It is kinda one of those things that just keeps getting longer everytime we talk about it... Wait a minute what was I just talking about ?
  4. QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 06:33 AM) Off the MLB.com article it says ... Wednesday's announcement will not limit the number of fantasy providers around the sport, but rather will enhance an experience that many people consider a ritual in life. Enhancing the experince=paying more money.
  5. QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 12:10 AM) Why did chris duhon play the second most minutes tonight? Anywho we were bound to lose, so everyone chill Gordon couldn't hit the Atlantic Ocean last night. He was throwing up stuff that wasn't even close, he was getting killed on defense, and kept taking bad shots/turning the ball over. He needed to sit.
  6. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:29 AM) I love it when you tidy up a bit. Yeah, all of that stuff was kind of all over the place, and plus the sports don't really conflict with each other enough to need separate boards for everything. And if it doesn't work out we'll go back to the old way.
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 07:02 AM) From reading the posts, the person comes off as a 12-14 year old, slightly retarded kid. My hunch is that role is being played by a smart, funny, guy in his 20s. Later he and some others mentioned they also added their post counts LMFAO! Nametags? With post totals? Why didn't they just list their penis sizes? There would have been plenty of room on the tags from the sounds of it.
  8. I am going to start with the 80's that I can barely remember players from the 70's 1980's Ron Kittle, Harold Baines, Carlton Fisk 1990's Robin Ventura, Jack McDowell 2000's Frank Thomas, Mark Buehrle
  9. Instead of having all separate areas for fantasy football, baseball, basketball, and random threads for Madden and MVP leagues, we put together one area for all of this. It is still in the Contest board, but the subforum will cover all fantasy sports, video game leagues and SIM leagues. Enjoy!
  10. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:45 PM) shy? mike is the most wimpy looking guy ever don't ban me please ....... or yell security SECURITY!!! In all seriousness, I think I have learning in going to five or six Soxfests now, is the more people you meet, the more fun it is. I highly recommend hooking up with as many people as possible at these things. That goes for the ballpark as well.
  11. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 08:19 PM) just to clear it up does bullard ever have a real chance to become a starter in the majors or is he bound to the pen? My best guess is Jim's shot lies in the pen in much the same role he has played for a while now, and that is as the swing man. Down at Birmingham Bull has done everything from starting to closing, and that sure has to help his chances. I think developmentally his best shot is to keep starting and develop his pitches the way the Sox have tried to bring Diaz and Munoz along. Plus being a lefty always makes it easier to get to and stick in the major leagues.
  12. QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 06:57 PM) I'm with you on that one. It took about 3 hours to get a table and there were 3 of us. It sucked. Actually, I think I saw you guys there, I was too shy to say anything, but I could tell that you guys were as annoyed as we were. You should have said something. We really are a friendly group, dispite what the Connies staff did to change that.
  13. QUOTE(toasty @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 07:01 PM) UPDATE!!!! http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp NOW AVAILABLE!!! $5 for S&H? Are you kidding me?
  14. That was damned garbage. So was the lack of an offensive foul against Gary Payton. If I were Skiles I'd be in the lockerroom by now. Between the bad play of my team on defense, and the bad officiating I would have lost it already
  15. Turnovers and transition defense are killing the Bulls right now. Boston shouldn't even be in this game. And it wouldn't hurt if Duhon could hit an open shot.
  16. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 06:37 PM) I cannot stop laughing at that... Me neither
  17. The Bulls have got to stop the break and secondary break. This is bad right now...
  18. 16-10 Bulls halfway through the first... Bulls with an 8-1 rebound edge.
  19. QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 05:59 PM) Maybe, there oughta be a revenue sharing policy with the players. If Illinois makes a ton of cash on their program, they should share part of it with the people who make that profit for them. I don't know if you are serious or not, but I think this is a great idea. Why should an institution of higher learning exploit athletes for a purpose that has nothing to do with higher learning. Do you think anyone would know who Miami, Nebraska, Florida State etc were if it wasn't for football? Are the players going there for the education? Hell no.
  20. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 06:11 PM) Correct. He was just a cheeseburger since he doesn't seem to have the toppings to be a Quarter Pounder. So what's wrong with being "just a cheeseburger"? I can't believe the amount of hate you have in you heart. :headshake
  21. QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 05:21 PM) If I knew the difference I might be smarter than I am now. Chicago has a federal reserve bank, two futures exchanges, two stock exchanges, a stock futures exchange, an insurance exchange, and an options exchange. Dallas has... well Dallas has the Kennedy Mueseum.
  22. Here is Widgers info. Was he hurt in 2004? http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/player_bio.asp?pla...d=1197&hubname=
  23. Good to see BMac got an invite . Any idea who the other 8 players are?
  24. Are there any in silver and black?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.