Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. If he hasn't done something by Soxfest he will be BBQ'd.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    I have been to Canada about half a dozen times now. As Spiff said you need ID to get in and out sometimes. The best advice it be respectful, and clearly think about, and answer all of the questions they ask you. (there is a story behind that, that Kap can tell you all if he wants to) They'll ask you about what your plans are, where you are staying, if you are bring guns, plants, alcohol etc. If you answer funny, then they will subject you to a much more intense search. Being young, they will probably check you closer. London is about the halfway point between Windsor and Toronto, and it is decent sized town. I don't know much about it though, as we only drove through it. Do yourself a favor and sample the Canadian beers, if you are beer drinker. IMO, and many others, they are much, much better than the vast majority of US beers. Also try to convert as much currency as you can at an actual currency exchange. If you use a bank they have much wider exchange margins, and if you use a debit or credit card, they will probably charge you a fee on top of your exchange rate. Other than that have fun! If I remember anything else I will post it.
  3. And predicition #2, plenty of people will crucify KW for them
  4. Personally I have never minded the duplicate threads within reason. Some people it bothers... meh, whatever. The whole point of the site it to diseminate information. >Whatever it takes to do that is cool with me.
  5. Why would you need to yell in the first place? Even if you are pissed off, yelling at a couple of radio hosts won't get you anywhere anyway. Besides you will get a lot further if you come up with a calm rational thought, versus coming off as a raving lunatic.
  6. Not everyone reads everyday either... Its all a preference thing. I live on here, so it doesn't affect me either way
  7. That doesn't mean usage couldn't have been long term either...
  8. Lots of people like the fact that they don't have to search a million threads to find the information that they are looking for. That's why the bigger subject threads are so popular here.
  9. This subject's laterality quotient is: 25.0 Placing this subject in the middle decile.
  10. Once again reinforcing that only right wing priests are hypocritical child molesters...
  11. But it could explain the joint and hip problems that he has had. The tendons and ligaments are the first things to go for people who roid up.
  12. No surprise that Scho is being nontendered. If they are serious about having a solid 5 man rotation, then Scho is out, especially because of his attitude towards relieving. He can go start for a team like Pittsburgh, where he will actually make the rotation.
  13. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...oenfield/041207
  14. Now the Cubs I will speculate about... I have no doubts about Sammy. Another one that has always made me wonder is Alou. He has some huge years, and tons of injury problems.
  15. The other thing I wonder is if the deal could get done with just Konerko and a prospect going to AZ, with the Sox keeping Garland, while signing Wright. Then they could try their original idea and try Contreras as a closer.
  16. OK, I was just confused... no surprise there
  17. Even if you believe the 7% number show every single person that is juiced (and Oswald was the only shooter too) that means just over one person per team is juiced up. If you go way conservatively towards Caminiti and Canseco's estimates, and say 20% are juiced (still half of Caminiti and Canseco estimated) that means about 4-5 players are cheating. That means 4 or 5 guys we talk about on a daily basis are on illegal preformance enhancing substances, and that is being pretty conservative IMO.
  18. Damn right I am. I wish I could be villified and get $14 million. I'll promise you this, when I win the powerball tommorrow, Tex can talk about how great I am, and how I deserve every dollar, and I am not greedy at all for not sharing it.
  19. The ititial offer was like that. The last offer has been reported at 5 years $70 million all on time. And even with a number like that you can't compare someone at a $150,000 a year for a deferral and $14,000,000. That is just silly IMO.
  20. Actually Maggs rejected the offer he has originally asked for, then the Sox tried trading him.
  21. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...-880301,00.html one snippet that jumps off of the page
  22. I am guessing the same names would be involved, as the DBacks are still looking for 1B and SP.
  23. Numbers are always reflective of the people who want them. The CBO always reflects the interests of those in power. With Bush in power, all of the sudden SS has added about 10 years, since Al Gore was making his statements about saving SS. So either SS has added 10 years of solvency, or someone monkied the numbers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.