Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. For once, I am innocent.
  2. Hmmm I think one of us should be offering the other grape kool-aid right now
  3. Boy I hope you are right
  4. So are you going to share the password and sign on or not????
  5. [sez the guy quickly approaching 40]
  6. Keep in mind that these are DNC employees/volunteers who are soliciting donations, and not someone going into their local democratic HQ and making a donation. We are also talking about people who can be very easily manipulated(being the mentally ill part of it). If you tell someone who doesn't get it, that they need to give money or else something horrible will happen, they probably will. (not that I am saying that is what happened, I didn't hear the sales pitch to this particular person. Just that a person who doesn't have a full mental capacity is easier to manipulate)
  7. It just hit me how many kids there are on here who can't remember a second of the 80's or might not have even been born in the 80s. Kinda makes me feel old
  8. Rebooting is always a good first thing to do. Many many things are fixed by that.
  9. 96% reboot computer 65% call tech support 43% yell/curse at computer 17% pray
  10. Sure and if Kelly starts hitting his usual 91-93 get his ass back up here. Neal Cotts can go back to starting at AAA, because we won't need him up here. But until then, Kelly needs to come no where near here.
  11. Found this on another board. The Sox are 17-17 against teams who are .500 or better. This is the records of other winning teams in the AL Anaheim 19-22 Boston 16-15 Minnesota 7-12 NYY 20-15 Oakland 20-20 Texas 16-14
  12. #1 roster moves aren't up to Ozzie #2 Wunsch is still on the DL, is just starting a rehab, and even when he did pitch earlier this year his fastball was topping out the 83-84 range.
  13. The guy plays mediocre D, and his numbers outside of Coors are horrible. Crede hasn't be great by any stretch of the imagination, but all things considered, I would take Joe.
  14. It can help sure. But it doesn't automatically mean someone who didn't doesn't know what they are talking about. Or that someone who did play, has any clue what they are talking about.
  15. how about www.plushiesuncovered.com?
  16. I hate this arguement too. It is complete and utter BS
  17. After the talk yesterday, I convinced myself. Today for lunch is Mikes
  18. All right, all right.... Like I said it wasn't a really big deal. Friday as I was walking to the train, I passed by the Sears Tower on Jackson as usual. The Democratic National Committee people were out asking donations as they have been all over downtown for a while now. One of them had an obviously homeless person they were talking too. You could tell he was obviously mentally ill also, both by the way he spoke and acted. The guy had a hand full of change and a couple, few one dollar bills, and he asked the DNC girl " Is one dollar enough?" The girls reply was "Well two or three would be better". I just couldn't believe the DNC was using the homeless/mentally ill for a just few dollars. I was hoping someone else saw or heard that happen as well, so it would seem like I was making something like that up.
  19. Oh jealousy is just so sad :headshake
  20. http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/21/news/midca...dex.htm?cnn=yes
  21. I loved Sports, also during that same time frame, I was a big Cars fan.
  22. I started a thread on that down the page... see 38DD.
  23. With the cheesey 80s stuff, was I the only one into rap/hip hop back then? I was a big Fresh Prince fan. Also liked the Fat Boys, Run DMC and those kind of groups.
  24. Yeah, convention---> Me
  25. Pepper is how I got my first baseball as a kid. Arlington Stadium 1983. It was hit by one of the Sox coaches. It was their last baseball, so my dad made them a deal where if he gave it back to them, we would get it back when they were done, and out of it I got a picture and an autograph with Ron Kittle. I still have the picture (signed next year in Chicago) and the ball, also autographed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.