Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Saturday Starter
What do you think Rex, is this good or bad? I have mixed feelings personally.
-
Reagan 1911-2004: nonpartisan thread
Ronald Reagan was the first President that I really remember. I remember the campaign and his election nice vividly. I also will never forget the day that Hinkley tried to assasinate him. RIP Ronnie. I am glad you are finally free of your 10 year prision on Earth. I pray for Nancy. She has done yomans work to take care of her husband as he declined into nothingness over what must have been a torturous 10 years. I wanted to cry when they showed the picture of her lying her head on his casket. They really loved each other, and that is so rare today in an era of 50% divorce rates, and marriages of convience.
-
The Continuing Decline & Fall of Mark Buehrle
It pretty much has been. It is looking like this will be the motherf***ing dips*** thread of 2004, FWIW.
-
Try not to BOTCH this one. Sox .vs. Phillies
The lead off man gets retired for the first time tonight.
-
Josh Fields Expected to Start in Winston Salem
Which would make sense why the Sox gave Borchard $5.3 mil.
-
Before they were stars
That is some cool stuff. I would be curious to see the guys who got ripped, and turned out awesome.
-
Andre Iguodala
Deng has got to be my favorite of the possible picks, although I haven't seen any of the HS kid from Atlanta.
-
A game 7 for all the marbles...
What I wouldn't give to be there for Andre's day with the cup.
-
Try not to BOTCH this one. Sox .vs. Phillies
Softball anyone? Damn this has been crazy so far.
-
Gio Gonzalez to Sign on Friday
I read that only 28% of first round pitchers ever make the majors. It will be interesting to see if this kid overcomes this or not.
-
What's up with Reed?
I can see how hitting .373 would be overrated :headshake
-
Flag Facts
Its a symbol of the US, and how we treat it shows respect. It is kinda like borrowing something from a friend. What you borrow isn't the what the relationship is, but how you treat it, goes towards how much respect you have for the person you borrowed something from.
-
White Sox riding quality pitching
I was waiting to see Phil's phailed 30 start 200 IP theory again....
-
US Markets to be closed on Friday
Every single US financial market will be closed, and our company still hasn't told us if we are going to be off yet. :fyou
-
Iraq Weapons Sites Destroyed
Its all in Syria and Iran.
-
Student Loans
My advice, get rich parents. My wife and I have $60,000 in college loan debt. We could be buying a house, if we hadn't have made that dumb decesion to go to college
-
Fired!!!!!!!!!
We warned you about the towel snapping
-
Computer Geeks at it again.
17.94872% - Geek Not too bad.
-
Field of Dreams
They had a blurp about it in the Tempo section of todays Trib.
-
Dems using Reagan to advance policy
Wow and I thought only Republicans exploited death for political gain...
-
Clinton's an idiot on this one
Clinton should have been invited. If they invited Bush 43, they should have invited Clinton.
-
Reagan the new face of the $10 bill?
I don't think Alexander Hamilton should be taken off of the $10 because he was the backbone of US monetary policy. Reagan did important economic things, but nothing near what Hamiltons impact was on our history.
-
Debate on Reagan policies/politics
See the other Reagan thread for two of the biggest downfalls of the USSR that directly resulted from Ronnies policy making.
-
Government Closed Friday
Also the biggest policy change that no one ever mentions but was the biggest detriment to the Soviet Union was the US building tons of infrastructure in the middle east to enable to oil industry to pump like never before. Under Reagans watch the price of crude oil plummetted, making the Soviets single biggest export worth about 30% of what it was from the time period when Ronnie was inagurated to when he left office. That never gets mentioned, and it was a huge, huge push by the Reagan White House. They also took the steps of selling surplus US wheat and grains to the Soviets, which was huge to the US for a couple of reasons. #1 the increased demand gave US farmers higher prices and a brand new market, and it also interdepended the USSR economy on the US. When you depend on someone for food, it is only a matter of time before your economy becomes dependant on someone completely.
-
Ohio State Fires Basketball Coach O'Brien
OSU has been spotty at best since Randy Ayres left. They had the one year of lightning in a bottle with Scoonie Penn and company, but other than that nothing. It was time for a change.