Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I don't even think the average pitch count is as bad as the 130-140 pitch outings. Those are the ones that will kill you.
  2. I have almost cracked the top 10. I would have but someone transfered in the week before I passed the next guy. So there I sit #11 poised for the pass.
  3. Wow that is bad. I think if I were a Red Sox, I would be in the top 3 at my position :headshake
  4. Is Helling healthy? Instead of forcing a trade too quickly, I wouldn't mind signing this guy up, until a better deal comes along. It scares me that the whole league knows we are looking for a fifth starter, I'll bet the offers right now are atrocious.
  5. Here is to Frank's evil twin Jeff Bagwell!
  6. All righty then, I'll be waiting for the apologies from everyone who gave Maggs these :fyou before knowing the whole story...
  7. Wow. That is tough, espesially since 0-2 the last thing Dam wanted to do was hit Chavez.
  8. Have a good time, and we want to see the pictures!
  9. http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=19657 This was the prior story. I don't know if the Score had new info or not.
  10. Boy are you slow
  11. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/06/...n.ap/index.html
  12. Hopefully he doesn't. The minute this guy starts swinging for the fences, is the minute his swing goes to s***. He needs to start stealing again.
  13. Done deal Knight. I couldn't pass that up. For anyone else out there, I am looking to deal OF for SS, and if you want Cabrera also, I will package him with an OF for an elite SS. Talk to me.
  14. Observe my new member title. Somehow it goes with the new avatar.
  15. How about this for a couple of crazy theoretical names. Matt Clement and/or Kerry Wood. What if the Cubs injuries continue and they freefall out of the race. Both Wood and Clement are eligible for free agency after this season, and the Cubs don't sound like they are going to bring back Clement. Would one of these guys be someone we should deal for, and who should we give up for them?
  16. Battlefield Earth was the name of that book and movie. And whoever told you to stay away from the movie was dead on right. But I can't praise the book enough. Mission Earth was a 10 book series (talk about fear of reading) that was done by Hubbard as well and was the best sci-fi I ever read. It was supposed to be set much earlier in time, but involved the same planet of people. I recommened it if you have time on your hands. Hubbard might have been a wacko, but man could he write.
  17. If you meet him in person, outside of his uni, he is every bit of 6'3" 220. He is also one of the very few hockey goons that I have ever met, that is as insane off of the ice, as he is on it.
  18. The Foundation would be awesome. That was one of the first sci-fi series I read growing up, and just loved it. I also wished they hadn't have screwed up Mission Earth so badly (John Travolta :puke ) as that was an incredible book as well.
  19. Sense is what kept Andre out of the NHL for years. It isn't something he has a whole lot of. I'd almost be willing to bet that Roy tries to decapatate the guy.
  20. Andre Roy will be settling the score. You can bet right now as we speak Roy is obsessing about how to kill the guy.
  21. Does anyone know much about the mental make up of the younger Weaver? The thing that has killled Jeff all along is his temper, and his lack of mental toughness. Is Jared any different, or are we looking at a 2nd Weaver-flop?
  22. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5111535/
  23. [renewing my ticket to hell with this one] He dying words were "it tasted like chicken"
  24. Happy Birthday man, come around more often

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.