Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Twins vs. Mariners
I have him in leagues too. He is about ready to hit the fantasy unemployment line.
-
'Bulls Bits'
I thought I read in the ST yesterday that the Austin had settled with his old team? Anyway, if the Bulls select lower than 3rd they are screwed.
-
Joe Borchard
Yeah, if we were going to deal Joe, we should have done it when he was the next big thing. Now it is too late.
-
Wanna get more, buy a BMW
Riff Raff: It's astounding; Time is fleeting; Madness takes its toll. But listen closely... Magenta: Not for very much longer. Riff Raff: I've got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp Drinking those moments when The darkness would hit me Riff & Magenta: And a void would be calling... Transylvanians: Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again. Narrator: It's just a jump to the left. All: And then a step to the right. Narrator: With your hands on your hips. All: You bring your knees in tight. But it's the pelvic thrust That really drives you insane. Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again. Magenta: It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me. So you can't see me, no, not at all. In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention, Well secluded, I see all. Riff Raff: With a bit of a mind flip Magenta: You're into the time slip. Riff Raff: And nothing can ever be the same. Magenta: You're spaced out on sensation. Riff Raff: Like you're under sedation. All: Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again. Columbia: Well I was walking down the street just having a think When this snake of a guy gave me an evil wink. He shook me up, he took me by surprise He had a pickup truck, and the devil's eyes. He stared at me and I felt a change. Time meant nothing, never would again. All: Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again. Narrator: It's just a jump to the left. All: And then a step to the right. Narrator: With your hands on your hips. All: You bring your knees in tight. But it's the pelvic thrust That really drives you insane. Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again.
-
America's Culture War
Good historical post, well up until the last line jab. I don't think any of this stuff has changed much. The big difference is what used to be buried is now splashed in the media. It seems like this era is soooooo much worse, but really nothing has changed. Human nature is still human nature. When you hear the idealistic stories of your grandparents, ask them about the parts they are leaving out.
-
America's Culture War
That looks like a great book. I love reading stuff that is contra to accepted history.
-
Hello $2 gas
huh, we went back down to $1.81, right away. Stupid thieves :fyou
-
A's big 3 contract information
And in reality, what are the odds of a team drafting, signing, growing, and maturing 3 starting pitchers into potential Cy Youngs? If it were easy, every team would be doing it. I want to see the As do it again, to prove it wasn't luck. If Blanton and Harden turn into stars, I will be a believer in Beane.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Geesh even the server was so shocked it crashed
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
FC, two down, runners at the corners.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
One out, Mora scores...
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Bases loaded, no one out. We might get a chance to extend that HR streak after all...
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
New rule. You have give each hitter 2 balls before you can pitch
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Oh would a GIDP be nice here...
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Base hit Tejada. 1st and 2nd no one out. Please get the pen up, PLEASE
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
If you said "walk" you are a winner
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
We all are OK how does the first hitter get on base?
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
All right folks say your prayers and confess your sins... It sounds like it is going to be Billy Time.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Maggs flies out... He has looked 100% better today trying to hit the ball the otherway, as have Frank, Juan, Pauly and a couple of others. Smart hitting.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Uribe is gone on 3 pitches.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Its hold em and go to Toronto. Now the Wheel of Closers will begin.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
They will have to find 22 owners to vote against Peter Angelos of the Orioles who has said he won't support it. Personally I say send them to NYC to further dilude the 20 million person New York City market.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Geesh, I think Soxtalk probably has more attendance then Montreal does.
-
A's big 3 contract information
In my previous post I kind guessed at our top hitting and our top pitching prospect. Maybe another pitcher to give them a guy who could help them now.
-
A's big 3 contract information
It comes down to $$$. As these guys salaries start to go up and the A's attendance sucks, he is going to have to make a choice. If the A's aren't in contention, it could be sooner than later he has to decide.