Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
One of the best catches of all time
Yeah, I could never do it as an announcer. Over my years I have seen some future NBA players making plays that kids at that level make against normal HS players, and I give the play its due. I got lucky to do some broadcasting again this year and covered the local Regional basketball championship and saw two kids signed at ND, and one who just signed at UNC as one of the top HS players in the country for next years, and when they made those kind of plays, I gave them the fair amount of excitement.
-
One of the best catches of all time
I feel like I saw that live, and Hawk was losing his mind. Obviously this is the Detroit call.
-
One of the best catches of all time
- Trade Deadline Thread
That's not really true, as many teams pull starters very quickly in the playoffs.- Trade Deadline Thread
It feels like we are probably playing poker with these teams really thinking they will have to move these guys for the highest bid, and that is us. Hopefully this doesn't end up like Machado where someone comes in off of the sidelines and blows us away.- Trade Deadline Thread
I mean if we are keeping it ERA simple Codi Heuer 5.12 ERA Matt Foster 6.04 ERA Ryan Burr 3.38 ERA + 5.03 FIP Evan Marshall 5.60 ERA There are a lot of guys on that list who would be significant improvements over what we have been running out there.- Trade Deadline Thread
I will be honest, if we got Hosmer and cut him the next day, I would be fine with it. If we got him and used him as a lefty bat off of the bench for a year or two, I'd be OK with that too. To me it isn't about Hosmer, it is about the guy we got for taking him on.- 2021 MLB Draft Day 2 Thread
I wonder if this is why Rocker slid in the first place?- Trade Deadline Thread
I 100% believe this. It's just a shame, because there is a nice niche chance here to take advantage of Preller's aggressiveness and put your team in a better position talentwise, which is what we should care about most.- Trade Deadline Thread
Also a good call.- Trade Deadline Thread
And about the time you pay them a "real" salary is the time that Hosmer drops off of the payroll. Superstar level players are getting deals in the $200m to $300 million range today. That is only going to go up in the next 6 to 7 years. Over that time period you are going to get the cheapest years of this players career, or something like $30-40 million for six to seven seasons. if you trust your scouts and get $200 million in value for $70 million in extra cost, you came out ahead of what you could go to the market place for.- Trade Deadline Thread
At a full pick up of the contract, I count about $70 million.- Trade Deadline Thread
Uh, oh , hurt feelings alert.- Trade Deadline Thread
Getting a guy like Gore or Abrams fills a starting position for the next 6-7 years for cheaper than signing an equivalent level free agent to do it. While it is probably too out there for the Sox, it isn't a bad idea.- Trade Deadline Thread
Ok, now I am interested.- Trea Turner
Now this is worth one of your many laugh reacts.- Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment
I think many people are underestimating the mental aspect of an injury like this. Rehab isn't just about getting your body right, it is about getting your mind right too.- Trade Deadline Thread
Hey @tray I would be curious why you think this is funny? Are you that big of a Hosmer fan?- Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread
- Internal Hitting Options (Split from Escobar thread)
- Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread
- Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread
Right. Because you know better than people with access to the team.- Who would you dream of the White Sox adding in trade this week, and what would you be willing to give up in exchange?
Ha, that is hilarious.- Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread
Just log off.- Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread
Because Burger is in Charlotte and even so they didn't want to defensively downgrade two key positions with a groundball pitcher on the mound. - Trade Deadline Thread
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.