Everything posted by 35thstreetswarm
-
8/24 White Sox vs Rangers: Urquidy vs Rocker 6:40 PM
If you truly believe “this is the year and this is the team” then why would you settle for Jo Adell and Clay Holmes? They could’ve emptied the cupboards and gotten a lot more.
-
Sports Media Discussion
Mully was my favorite Score personality. He’s the one voice I’ve consistently listened to for years — always tuned in on my way to work, from back when he was with Brian Hanley. I’m shocked. I definitely won’t be listening for Haugh, who is an incredibly annoying and biased Cub fan (and also clearly a football guy).
-
And that's a Urquidy ball White Sox winner!!!
No, he's a washed out bum [Edit: yes, obviously.]
-
And that's a Urquidy ball White Sox winner!!!
Baseball is great. We know nothing. Fvck the Cubs straight to the moon. Amen, please and thank you.
-
8/19 GT - White Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm CT)
Yeah, even as an affirmed Cub hater this is taking it way too far. I'd trade a double-sweep from the Cubs for a playoff appearance 10 times out of 10.
-
8/19 GT - White Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm CT)
- 8/18 Gamethread: Crosstown Classic Game 5, 7:05 CT. Hudson vs. Gausman
Whatever it was, they were nowhere to be found when Fat Sandberg went into capsized-tortoise mode- 8/18 Gamethread: Crosstown Classic Game 5, 7:05 CT. Hudson vs. Gausman
Much better.- Baseball is still the greatest game
It looked to me like Little Sandberg was that particular kind of sociopath who shows up in mob violence situations--the guy with zero stake in the fight who just wants a chance to hurt somebody and so delivers a few unprovoked shots when somebody goes down. He even looked like he tried to fool Fat Sandberg for a second, like he was trying to help him, before his lizard-brain urges overtook him and he took a couple cheap shots.- 8/18 Gamethread: Crosstown Classic Game 5, 7:05 CT. Hudson vs. Gausman
Weird flex, I'm good with them continuing to remind me and everybody else about the moment PCA lost it after smashing into the wall, missing a catch, and blowing the game. Ahh, good times.- 8/18 Gamethread: Crosstown Classic Game 5, 7:05 CT. Hudson vs. Gausman
I'll be there again. They owe me a win. Nobody should have to go through what I went through last night. It's an outrage, I say- ABS & Ghost runner
I agree on all this, but strongly agree on full-time ABS for balls and strikes. There's nothing romantic or game-enhancing about an ump using his textured human judgment to say a ball was inside a box when it was really outside it. You could have 100% correct calls, and avoid the game slowdowns that come from the current challenges. It's clear there will still be games (like last night), and eventually very important games, decided by bad calls under the current system. Not sure why you wouldn't eliminate that when you so easily can.- 8/17 Gamethread - White Sox at Cubs - 7:05PM - Castillo vs Shota - CHSN/WCIU
Gave this one away. Horrendous being there. Now it gets harder. I’m pissed as hell.- 8/17 Gamethread - White Sox at Cubs - 7:05PM - Castillo vs Shota - CHSN/WCIU
Gonna be there all three. I get fired up for this series. I hate the Cubs. Our teams play the same sport--in the same league--in the same city. As far as I'm concerned if you grew up here and that doesn't mean anything to you you're either (1) an odd sports fan entirely out of step with the natural, universal dynamic of intra-city sports rivalries everywhere or (2) you're lying. I'm not afraid to say this series matters to me and I have zero time for the cowardly Cub fan passive-aggressive, bet-hedging, weaponized indifference pose. "I don't even think about the Sox - watch me spend my whole life incessantly explaining to you how little I think about them." Fvck the Cubs, now and forever.- Rest of Season Rotation
Yes, this seems right. Fedde's last real start before they messed with him was a very nice outing, holding the Rays to 1 run in TB in a similar situation (tough road series with question marks up and down the pitching matchups). Let's hope he can recapture that.- Rest of Season Rotation
Fedde was a serviceable 5th starter type all year - not sure why he's such an afterthought now, especially since sending Schultz down means there's an open spot in the rotation. I'd start Fedde on Tuesday and hope he goes as deep as possible; start Urquidy or Thorpe on Wednesday and do the same.- Sox sweep winner thread
I’m ashamed of myself and other fans for starting to buy into it and go into that series against a sub-.500 team intimidated. “Ohh, we can’t even beat the reds, what are we gonna do against the mighty Tigers?” They practically have the SAME RECORD ffs- Sox sweep winner thread
WHAT A TIME TO BE DEAD- and that's a series taking WHITE SOX WINNER
Makes his tears taste all the sweeter- 8/15 Gamethread - White Sox at Tigers - 12:10PM CHSN - Kay vs Melton - Don't Stop Now Boys
Yes, that's it -- before 2023 people were very reasonable and optimistic around here 🤣. Go read some of the 2005 threads.- 8/15 Gamethread - White Sox at Tigers - 12:10PM CHSN - Kay vs Melton - Don't Stop Now Boys
Not bad, but this doesn't really count. Wait til the Toughest Stretch of the Season (TM)- Mat Ishbia’s estimated net worth has fallen by more than $3B since March.
Yes, criticism of PE and its role in our economy and overall social fabric is real and growing - it's not the idiosyncratic hobbyhorse of one Soxtalk poster, as some seem to imply. But that's the last I'll say about it, as my reason for participating in this board is my love of the White Sox, which I hope will be positively impacted by an ownership change.- 8/14 Gamethread - White Sox at Tigers - 5:40PM CHSN - Newcomb vs Jobe - Skin the Cat
Me too. And I wonder what kind of sequence of relievers we'll see. MacDougal time? More Hagen?- 8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Seriously. He better not touch Meidroth, my sweet, fleshy-faced boy- Mat Ishbia’s estimated net worth has fallen by more than $3B since March.
"He posted at me with tears in his eyes. Big, strong @Chicago White Sox with tears in his eyes. He said 'Sir, you go ahead and buy all the teams, raze all the bluffs, and block all the shorelines you want. I just want you to have joy, Sir.'" - 8/18 Gamethread: Crosstown Classic Game 5, 7:05 CT. Hudson vs. Gausman