Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. There's no scenario in which the Cards win the tiebreaker over the Panthers. Their SOS is .40 higher than the Panthers. It's impossible to make up with 2 weeks left.
  2. The Pats' win has all but locked up the #1 pick for the Bears. One more Panthers loss and it's locked.
  3. They let a 3 score game in the 2nd quarter get down to a 1 score game in the 4th, again. Offense looked like world beaters for a quarter and a half and stalled out for the rest of the game. The Bears need a whole new coaching staff.
  4. Way to back your way to a win, I guess...
  5. Bears RBs are just doing whatever they want.
  6. I can see why projection systems might be a bit pessimistic on Robert due to his swing and miss issues. I just don't see how they can be so optimistic on Benintendi. His defense also fell off a cliff last year. Part of his value before was that he was a good left fielder. Not anymore.
  7. Fedde having higher projected WAR than Cease is hilarious. PECOTA has been bad for a while so no surprise.
  8. More competition for Baltimore...the team with the prospects we should actually want.
  9. Lakers probably thinking...damn, we need Zach Lavine.
  10. FWIW, Fields just had his worst PFF rating of the year yesterday at 48. His season rating before that was 75.1. I think it's time to move on. Hopefully he plays well enough for the rest of the season for a team like Atlanta to give up a 2nd rounder for him.
  11. I think we end up winning 6 or 7 games. Losing out puts us in the top 5. I'd honestly just rather lose out unless a week 18 win keeps the Packers out of the playoffs.
  12. I'm not opposed to taking Williams but he has really similar problems to Fields. Both hold the ball for a long time to go big game hunting. Both have problems with ball security. Williams even more so than Fields. Williams has a much quicker release which may be the difference between failure and success in the NFL.
  13. Patrick Williams having a really good game today. He's been much better ever since Giannis blocked the s%*# out of him.
  14. He threw 138 pitches in his last game in the NPB. Granted it was game 6 of a championship series. I'm not sure if he was often used like that, but there's a lot of mileage on his arm. I don't think he'll be average. Senga was a worse pitcher and he was very good last year. Provided Yamamoto can stay healthy, he should be really good.
  15. He took huge steps back today. The bad accuracy from earlier in the season came back. The Giants blitzed him a lot and he didn't look quite as comfortable under pressure as he had against the Chiefs.
  16. I thought the Bears blew the worst game of the season against the Lions, but the Dolphins just one-upped them by giving up a 14 point lead to the Titans with a little under 4 minutes to go.
  17. He really should be yelling at Toney. This is a terrible look for Mahomes and I feel like the general consensus among football fans was that Mahomes already gets a bunch of calls. Him saying the refs should ignore the rules late in the game just validates that consensus. This is like kids saying cool plays should stand because they're cool...that's not how sports should work.
  18. I think the contract situation isn't ideal either. Even if he is the guy (he isn't), you're gonna have to sign him to a big contract after next season. And then the advantage of having a cheap QB is gone. If you get the #1 pick, you draft a new QB. Williams has his flaws, but you can't not take him if you have the chance.
  19. I think the whole Alan Williams thing really screwed with this team, especially on defense. It also helps that they have an edge rusher who can pressure the QB consistently. I actually think Fields did not play well at all today, despite the pretty good looking stats. I definitely think he looked better against Minnesota and the last time they played Detroit. Lots of overthrows on throws your average NFL QB makes. The TD was on a free play, although I'm glad he recognized and threw a good ball.
  20. Yeah this is better than signing Maldonado (who's good at nothing now) or Hedges (even worse than Stassi on offense). Also way better than trading for Perez.
  21. What's worse is that Jerry could have effectively signed Machado to a 4 year $120 million deal since he was probably going to opt out anyhow. There's no way we would have given him that incredibly stupid 11 year extension, but getting an all-star caliber 3B for 4 years at $30 million a year is a pretty good deal.
  22. Is it really a bad day when we had no chance to begin with?
  23. Maybe some old timers here can tell us how exhilarating it was when Jerry signed Albert Belle.
  24. Remember when Jerry balked at $300 million and just 5 years later, we're getting $600 million deals.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.