Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Knebel hasn't closed for a few years but was pretty good last year. I wonder if this takes the Phillies out of the Kimbrel market.
  2. Dude can't catch a break.
  3. Oh that's why lmao
  4. There was a time where I thought you and Squirmin' for Yermin were the same person. Cause IIRC, you were literally Squirmin' for Yermin at one point.
  5. I don't look at the tweets as anything definitive, but they do at least spark some conversation.
  6. It sucks ass cause it's all because Rich Paul couldn't keep his mouth shut for like an hour.
  7. I do think it's funny that Leury Legend is now the de facto nickname for Leury. I always thought that nickname was said sarcastically, but not anymore it seems.
  8. It's a fair deal. Even if he gives us 1 WAR per year that's worth it.
  9. I think if a salary floor is put in, guys like Leury will end up getting more just cause the likes of the Pirates will need to sign guys as filler to reach the floor.
  10. Sox are far more likely to get a guy like Manaea than Gray. Manaea only has one year of control left.
  11. They already have 2 Calhouns. Now they're going for 2 Grays?
  12. He also hits a ton of grounders. I wouldn't have been mad if we got him, but I think Conforto is the better fit.
  13. He beat Hendriks' deal.
  14. Seems about right for Leury.
  15. If Leury's new-found plate discipline is real, he's probably one of the better utility players in baseball. That said, he's not an everyday-type player.
  16. I think people are complaining because they know that Leury's going to be the backup plan if they don't convert on FA signings.
  17. This is fine as long as he's not the everyday 2B or RFer.
  18. It'll be fun to see the mental gymnastics that Dodgers fan will have to do to convince themselves that he's not so bad after calling him a cheater for the last 2 years. Same for Yankees fans.
  19. He's terrible on defense.
  20. Leury Garcia is probably more deserving to be the 6th guy in that picture than Simmons.
  21. He plays at Coors, of course he's gonna have better counting stats. I think they're similar offensively if you look at the park adjusted stats, but I think Story's issue is that it's hard to project guys that come out of Coors. Arenado's wOBA dropped almost 60 points and his wRC+ dropped 17% after moving out of Coors. If you do the same for Story, he's a league average hitter.
  22. lol I thought this too back during the trade deadline. They do look pretty similar.
  23. If the Sox get Conforto, I really don't care who ends up hitting 9th. I'll be fine if they get a glove-first 2B. Segura provides a much higher floor than Cesar and Leury. We've seen how bad Cesar can be and we've all learned to hate Leury. OAA also loves Segura, even though he hasn't graded out as well with UZR/DRS.
  24. That last quote is definitely something Lavar would say. Maybe in a few years the Bulls will become the Chicago Balls.
  25. Except Segura grades out much better defensively.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.