Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Stroman had three seasons out of four from 2016 to 2019 with at least 3.3 fWAR. Overall during that period he put up the 22nd most fWAR in baseball. He’s not a #1 starter by any means, but he’s only 29, his pitching profile fits our ballpark & team perfectly, and he can be a low-end #2 or high-end #3 in a playoff rotation. To me, he’s a clear cut above any free agent starter not named Bauer. Would I prefer a legit #1 starter? Of course I would, but I’m not going to pass on Stroman if said player isn’t out there and doesn’t come at a reasonable cost, whether financially or in terms of prospect capital.
  2. Lol...it’s definitely going to be a long winter! I really wish the MLB had like a month window where free agency to accelerate things and increase fan interested. NFL free agency is fantastic because of how quickly it transpires.
  3. To me, that’s a pretty damn solid offseason and to me there is zero excuse to not get something like this done. I think the big takeaway from all these contract predictions and the early option declines is there will plenty of B & C tier pitchers that should be available on the cheap to add much needed depth. Just need to add one higher impact starter like Stroman (or preferably Bauer) and then we can let the market play out a bit and land some real steals.
  4. Holy fuck you won’t this stop with this ridiculous fire Hahn crusade. Every single thread...
  5. This country would be such a better place if we could get people to separate church and state. People should be able to follow & practice whatever religious beliefs they want as long as they don’t negatively impact someone else directly. I’ll never understand this need for some people to force their religious views on others.
  6. You’re voting for Trump?
  7. What a dumb useless post
  8. Because there are a lot of stupid people in this country.
  9. It’s weird, I don’t recall which passage of the Bible references grabbing women by the pussy, but I’m sure it’s in there somewhere.
  10. Don’t forget the birds, the maniac plans to kill them all with green energy!!
  11. I meant from a major league development standpoint. As long as Cease, Lopez, etc. listen to the new pitching coach he can be impactful regardless of TLR.
  12. Available in this case is subjective as it’s unknown if he’d consider moving that far from Florida.
  13. Thanks! Really hope Hahn & KW get to make this decision as I think it will the biggest near term ramifications for us of any of the coaching roles.
  14. We should NOT be trading any significant talent for a perfect RF option. Either sign the best guy you can afford or acquire one that simply costs money. Any trade that involves controllable young talent should be for a legit TOR starter, whether that happens this offseason, the trade deadline, or even next year.
  15. So not even a 1st round pick hug? Honestly, that shouldn’t be a huge issue IMO.
  16. Do you know if it will be a Rick Hahn hire and not a TLR one?
  17. So does that mean Hasler or Teaford has the inside track or would they consider an external hire?
  18. Where does Teaford fit in this equation?
  19. And I’d imagine he’d come cheap.
  20. ?...I mean Springer would be awesome and Paxton could theoretically work, but we’d taking a lot of risk with our rotation next year.
  21. It’s close but I’d probably lean towards us.
  22. They would if we offered them that package, which would basically blow up our rebuild.
  23. Sounds like José Oquendo might be the favorite for the 3B coach opening with Capra now gone. Merkin did seem to imply in a recent article that both hitting coaches and Hasler might be safe. I’m sure it was just speculation, but my guess it’s at least somewhat informed.
  24. He’d be crazy not to IMO.
  25. I generally agree, but Cease needs to figure out some mechanical stuff though to improve his fastball command and generate more spin. He can definitely work on that in Charlotte. Dunning needs and deserves a starting spot with the Sox and Kopech would as well if he hadn’t missed the last two seasons.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.