Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball. It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.
  2. Kopech not pitching for two plus years does fuck us over to some extent, as we’ll likely have to monitor his innings closely for 2021 & 2022 whole he rebuilds arm strength. That’s not ideal for a team that should be full steam ahead next year.
  3. I think we’d have to give up a much better 3rd piece than Beard to have any chance.
  4. Wow...what a fucking crazy trade that would be. I’m honestly not sure how I would feel about giving Kopech to the Indians and having to face him for the next half decade, but it definitely would improve our chances significantly for 2020 to 2022.
  5. Burdi is the one reliever who generates a ton of swings & misses. I get he’s had a rough stretch here, but we should be trying to get him to work through his issues now in hopes of him being an actual weapon come the playoffs.
  6. He was just joking around, only Fernando Sr believes Elijah will be the best player in baseball someday.
  7. ?...seems like a very expandable piece for us.
  8. This definitely screams that only one of us is serious suitors and the other is being used as leverage.
  9. It doesn’t make any sense at all TBH, which is why the cost would have to be crazy.
  10. Guys can improve their bat to ball skills over time, but an elite batters eye is something you are born with. I think people hate on his hit tool way too much. Dude was a rookie last year and was fairly effective down the stretch against RHP once he made his mechanical adjustments. He’s never going to be a high average guy, but with time I think he can eventually be a plus overall hitter against RHP. There is plenty of value in that, especially if he can take on backup catcher responsibilities.
  11. I think you’re right and as I mentioned in a previous post, Dunning was a consensus top 100 prospect before his injury and had serious helium. Throwing him out against Mize proved the stuff is 100% back and that he’s more or less ready for a major league job. Another strong start stuff wise today only helps reinforce that point and hopefully cements him as 50 FV type prospect if he’s the guy they’re trying to use as a centerpiece for a legit TOR starter.
  12. If I’m the Brewers, I’m probably asking for Vaughn, Kopech, & Dunning bare minimum as you’re asking me to punt the 2020 season.
  13. This is a great post. However, where I disagree is on the viability of our rotation come October. Cease to me is no better than your 4th starter in the playoffs. If we don’t add a legit #2 or #3, we are basically setting ourselves up for failure. That doesn’t mean go trade Kopech for Lynn, but if there is a way to trade some depth for a guy that can anchor the top of our rotation this year and in 2021 that would be ideal as Cease & Kopech will likely need more time before they are ready to assume those top few spots. Ultimately we need to balance both short-term & long-term interests and be willing to limit our chances this year if the value prop of a potential trade moves the needle too much in one direction.
  14. I just don’t see why either of those guys would be available right now short of a massive overpay.
  15. His elite batting eye doesn’t grow on trees. If you guys want to rip his weaknesses, which is totally fair, but let’s not ignore his strengths.
  16. I don’t see it. They got Maeda pitching out of his mind and Berrios, Hill, & Dobnak in the mix right now. Plus they get Pineda back Tuesday and Odorizzi at some point before the playoffs. I think they stick with what they have.
  17. We’re less 30 hours from the deadline now.
  18. I don’t think any Major League organization would value Stiever over Dunning after his start against the Tigers. The only reason his stock fell with the major prospect-oriented publications was due to his TJS. He had a ton of helium before he went down with injury and would likely be valued as the 50 FV grade prospect he once was.
  19. Pilkington is not even close to the level of Dunning or Stiever though. The reality is that Dane Dunning is a legit top 100 / 50 FV grade prospect now that he’s healthy again. Stiever could very well get there by this time next year, but is definitely a grade below at the moment. Pilkington & Flores are 40 FV grade guys at best and really represent emergency depth options than potential future rotation pillars. Don’t get me wrong, I’d really like to add Lynn to the top of our 202 & 2021 rotations, but losing Dunning is a much bigger risk from a depth perspective than losing one of these other guys.
  20. Yup, Hahn & Daniels are BFFs and Jon definitely owes us for those ridiculous Welington Castillo & Nate Jones trades!
  21. I’m sticking with my Lance Lynn prediction, but in the event it’s not it will be some random guy that no one is talking about or will ever get excited about like Joe Musgrove.
  22. fathom is probably my favorite poster on this site and I have no idea why he would hate that trade proposal when he thinks Collins is horrible and literally just said Dunning is a 5th starter.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.