Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Why do you think that? This is the fWAR leaderboard for 2019 & 2020 combined. Lynn is second overall and there is not a single guy on that list that isn’t considered a high end starting pitcher. When do you start believing that his development of a cutter and him embracing analytics might mean he’s legit now?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Why is Lynn not the answer?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Peralta is way too much of a project to help our rotation this year.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Cease is worth exponentially more than Bundy, so no need to worry there.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Yeah, Bundy is not the answer.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
You want to trade for Peralta to help this year’s rotation? I thought you just said it was a long play.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Which is why that dude’s tweet was total BS.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
We don’t need a long play right now, we’re looking for help for our playoff rotation.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
It would be the biggest no-brainer trade ever
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
No fucking way.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Again, please not Gonzalez. Little worried after that Merkin “think controllable” tweet.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I would imagine so, although I’m sure if the Brewers were willing to trade Woodruff & Hader for a package based around Vaughn & Dunning Hahn would make an exception.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Total BS. Vaughn & Dunning would be the starting point for either guy not both of them.
-
Actual Sox trade chatter
Ray has been horrible this year, so can’t imagine he’d cost much to acquire. And in all honesty, he’d be a questionable addition given his control issues at the moment.
-
Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds
Hmm...that’s a pretty good point.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Yup, I absolutely love Dunning, but Kopech has a best starter in baseball type ceiling if he further develops his changeup.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I really, really hope not.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Yeah, it does make a ton of sense to be honest.
-
Best roster in the majors?
There is zero chance Vaughn ever sees A+ ball short of a future rehab stint. He’s either coming up at some point this year or most likely starts 2021 in AAA for a few weeks. The Sox aren’t going to slow play Vaughn when they see their window opening.
-
Actual Sox trade chatter
Mods - Can we close this one or merge with the other?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Fully agree. I could live with losing Dunning for Lynn, but I definitely would hate to see him go.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Oh fuck it may just happen
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I wonder what they’d be targeting from the Brewers?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Depends which Ray you’re getting
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I thought about Eovaldi before as a salary dump, but the problem is he’d more or less be your rotation addition for the next couple years and I don’t have enough confidence in him.