Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Fuck, what does that mean in terms of a Cespedes or Colas signing?
  2. I think it’s probably too early to tell unfortunately.
  3. This dude is a fucking idiot. First off, Cease is way more valuable than Kelley or Stiever and you could make a fair argument he’s more valuable than Madrigal (I know I would). Second, Kopech was the 2nd piece received in a package for a young, controlled-controlled, left-handed ace and has morphed into one of the game’s top pitching prospects. To think you’d get him plus another high-end asset for a year & change of Lynn is the definition of insanity. Who is the last pitcher that was traded that would be comparable to Lynn?
  4. We are officially less than 80 hours from the trade deadline, which is Monday at 3pm CST. It’s going to be super interesting to see what Rick does in the next couple days. Bold prediction, but I don’t think Stiever is here come Tuesday.
  5. Hard to call it a career year when he put up a 7 win season last year after adding / increasing the use of his cutter and leveraging analytics to improve his pitch sequencing. Also, FIP is not park adjusted and the Rangers’ park is incredibly favorable to hitters (hence the high fWAR).
  6. The Sox actually traded him for cash, so this was about clearing a 40 man spot. And yes, I’m not suggesting he’ll be a star, but I think he could end being a damn good 4th OF / spot starter. It’s not the end of the world by losing him, but still sucks to lose him for nothing.
  7. I have a bad feeling we’re going look back at this and wonder why we just gave him away. I get he was likely a 40 man casualty next year anyways, but perhaps in the offseason a rebuilding team would have given up something for him. The Padres really fucked us here by poaching young talent in the Rule 5 and forcing us to protect guys like Basabe a year earlier than normal.
  8. Who else would offer a top 30ish prospect for a year & change of a 33 year old, overweight pitcher in the middle of a pandemic fueled season? I love Lynn but dude is getting to that point in his career where he could just fall off a cliff and that’s ignoring the obvious threat of “what if he contracts COVID” and were to miss an extended stretch of time. Trading Kopech is an all-in move that likely jeopardizes the most important years ahead of us. Our team is a year ahead of the curve, but we’re still not a finished product. We do NOT need to make a massive move this year if it costs us key long-term pieces. We can always roll with what we got and look to make moves during the 2020-21 offseason. That being said, if depth can be traded to improve our chances this year then I’m all for it, but Kopech should only be moved for a guy that can help at least both 2021 & 2022 in addition to this year.
  9. But could be our ace the four years after that while core is still under control and in their prime. If we trade Kopech, it has to be for a starter with more control than just one full year and one partial.
  10. I’m guessing the Rangers would accept Kopech straight up for Lynn in a heart-beat.
  11. I think the reality is most trade talks don’t amount to anything. We’re probably out there trying to sell teams on Lopez, Stiever, Dalquist, Collins, Adolfo, Rutherford, etc for their impact players. I have no doubt Hahn is trying to improve the team, but my guess is he’s only going to do it on his terms. Probably doesn’t work, but in this market maybe it’s worth a shot.
  12. Our young core is locked up for the next five years for the most part. I’m all for sacrificing some depth to improve our chances this year, but trading Kopech & Madrigal for Lynn would be such a stupid move and I say that as perhaps the biggest fan of Lance on this board. We do not have to go all in on this season.
  13. Your hatred of Madrigal is beyond fucking bizarre
  14. Lynn wouldn’t be our third starter, he’d arguably be our ace depending on which version of Giolito you’re getting.
  15. He’s saying not to trade top prospects like Madrigal though.
  16. Where you hearing this? I haven’t seen anything really on Bummer, but easily could have missed it.
  17. So basically we’re sticking with the starters we got? Not sure how Stone can rule out all trade targets and the more reasonable FA’s next year unless we simply don’t plan on adding one.
  18. I honestly don’t think most people are ok with trading Cease.
  19. There are only 29 games left, he better hurry if he’s looking to rebuild his value.
  20. If we plan to add a starter at some point, then Stiever is totally expendable. I would definitely be open to a trade for Nimmo centered around Stiever, but not sure if that will be enough for the Mets. Just not convinced they’re looking to sell right now.
  21. Thompson & Kelley are recent high school picks who have never pitched in full season ball and can’t be counted on anytime soon as pitching depth. Maybe Crotchett is a fast mover, but under no circumstance can you trade all three of Kopech, Dunning, & Stiever. Who exactly is the #5 starter in 2021? God forbid a starter goes down too.
  22. Unless you think McCann is getting ~$2.5M/year, you’re really looking at sometime $30M for him & Grandal. Even if we pushed our payroll up to $140M that would reflect +20% of our total resources being committed to those two guys. I seriously doubt that will happen.
  23. Because LA may not want him any longer (hence them almost trading him to the Angels this past offseason). As for Joc, dude is having a tough year and may be willing to consider a pillow contract rather than settle for what could be a reduced multi-year deal. Playing for an explosive offense in a HR friendly park might be attractive to him if he wants to wait a year for a better market and a new CBA to be in place.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.