Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
What should the Sox do with James McCann?
Vaugh has that type of offensive ceiling. He’s going to hit for both power & average while also drawing a ton of walks. He’s literally a complete hitter.
-
What should the Sox do with James McCann?
I seriously doubt Vaughn gets traded. Dude could easily become our best hitter and is dirt cheap. Eloy isn’t getting moved to DH until 2023 at the earliest.
-
Why would Colas and/or Y.Cespedes sign anywhere else?
Why is Colas signing first? I thought last we heard he still had some ties to Japan. IMO, Cespedes is the more likely signing and makes way more sense for our roster.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I think the peaking angle doesn’t really matter when you’re starting in 6 to 7 win range and you’d only have control of him for one more Eason. To me, it’s the latter point of his build / body being a risk for a substantial drop-off at any point that concerns me.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I’m not suggesting it’s an unfair ask, but I’m one of Dunning’s biggest fans and see a good five year window in front of us that Dane should be a big part of. To me he’s part of the core and I’d like to avoid trading any core pieces for a short-term fix.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
This team appears to have great chemistry at the moment, no need to introduce a wild card in Puig who also hasn’t been playing.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
DeGrom also has an opt-out after the 2022 season, which changes the value prop as well.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Yeah, they’re only a couple games out of the playoffs, so hard to see them selling right now. Not sure how teams’ view DeGrom’s contract as it’s big dollars but with huge deferrals. Either way it’s not cheap, which will limit the amount of teams interested and should keep the price down to some extent. He obviously won’t come cheap though even if the Mets are willing to move him.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Lynn won’t be coming for extremely cheap. Cleveland is unlikely to trade Clevinger within the division unless it’s for an absolute haul. And Hader is a closer that would cost us massive pieces, so not sure why you’d want him. I’d love to add DeGrom, but the Mets would want a ton back for him.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Jim Bowden from the Athletic has a trade he’d like to see every team make. For the Sox, he has Dunning & Stiever for Lynn. As much as I’d love to add a guy like Lynn, Dunning is more or less an untouchable for me.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
If you’re Hahn, how do you not want to do something crazy after tonight?
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/25 game thread 7:10 first pitch
I seriously doubt it.
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/25 game thread 7:10 first pitch
Yeah, I don’t see him coming back for a lot of reasons, with him wanting to be a starter being a big one and something we really can’t offer.
-
Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/25 game thread 7:10 first pitch
Edwin isn’t the problem, Vaughn is the problem.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I was commenting on the proposal in the Tweet not to anything Sin City himself was proposing like his ridiculous Trout trade
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
He was a 7 win starter last year and is on pace for a 6+ win season this year. His development of a cutter since TJS has really transformed him and he had barely started using it while with the Twins. Lynn is a different pitcher than you remember.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Lance Lynn is a legit TOR starter, but he does have some question marks and is not a guy I‘d give up a blue chip prospect for. I’d give up one of Stiever or Lopez plus Collins & Adolfo, but I seriously doubt that would be enough.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Who is our third “good” starter? Cease? I’m optimistic he’ll get there eventually, but so far he hasn’t been that guy in 2020. As for Stiever, Kopech & Dunning are clearly ahead of him and Crotchet could jump him as a soon as next year. He’s a great depth piece but I’d be willing to move him for a legit rotation upgrade for 2020 & 2021 if opposing teams value him accordingly.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Interesting. I what wonder what qualifies as “long-term/core”? IMO, the most expandable prospects with some value would be Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I would never consider this trade
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
You’ve posted 100k+ times here and still haven’t realized Sin City is a blatant troll
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Would be way too expense. Now is not the time to go all-in and trade our prospect depth.
-
Do we see Vaughn this year?
100% agree.
-
Do we see Vaughn this year?
Is there a RF version of Edwin we might be able to swap him out for?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
There really aren’t a lot of teams that are obvious sellers unfortunately, which is going to bump up the price on the few high-end guys available. I love Lance Lynn, for example, but am not trading Kopech or Vaughn for him. Not sure if any other impact starters will even be available.