Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Just depends what they’re trading them for. Top 50 prospects usually only get moved for high-end controllable talent and four of the guys you listed fit the ball. I’m not overly concerned about losing Stiever and especially not Mendick. And I’d wouldn’t sleep over losing Dunning in the right trade even though I’d try avoiding moving him if at all possible.
-
Best roster in the majors?
I think he was one of the most major league bats in recent draft memory and it sounds like the Sox really like what they’ve seen from him in Schaumburg.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
All good! Just couldn’t connect the dots, but now your post makes a ton of sense.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
If we're mapping out our near-term rotation plans, here's how I have things shaking out assuming the addition of Lynn and based on a theoretical acquisition cost of Lopez, Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Sorry @bmags, but I’m stealing your post and putting it here as well.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
What am I missing here with Fry and why does he matter at all? You must be referring to someone else, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.
-
Best roster in the majors?
But why? Vaughn is more or less ready and you’d be taking a big money for a need that doesn’t really exist.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I think we only sign one of Cespedes or Colas given the funds we have left. To me Yoelkis is the get as he’d add plus defense in RF whereas Colas sounds fairly questionable with the glove. Either way, adding either one of those guys changes the long-term thought process when it comes to RF.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Oh shit, I didn’t realize he got hurt, thought he had simply opted-out due to COVID. Ignore the dollar amounts I quoted then. I’d still be willing to take him on a shorter-term contract though if he only costs money and no elite options are available via trade.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
To me, it’s not necessarily about redundancy but more around price. You can never have enough bullpen weapons come playoff time and that value would be factored into the cost of a Hader.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
He’d cost us all our major chips and IMO he represents more of a luxury than a need.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Resources are limited though and we should not waste them on lateral moves. Seager costs us $18M next year and money that could be used towards RF. The prospects you’re talking about giving up could be two major pieces for a legit TOR starter this offseason. Personally, if a guy like DeGrom isn’t available this coming offseason, I’d rather just keep Kopech & Madrigal, sign someone like Stroman to a 4/$80M deal, and acquire the best stop-gap RF that can buy us a year until hopefully a Cespedes or Colas is ready (assuming we sign one of them).
-
Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds
Why would where they’re playing the games affect the start times?
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
I honesty don’t get what Seager accomplishes outside a little better balance. He’s a fine player, but he simply makes our team older & more expensive. Any dollars we have to commit to the lineup should be allocated to a RF upgrade. As for Gonzalez, just don’t think he’s the answer to what we’re looking for. We need another arm that can be dangerous come October and Dallas already has one spot locked down. I really don’t want to throw out two soft-tossing lefties with similar arsenals in a playoff series.
-
Best roster in the majors?
Yeah, I was a little confused at first when he was talking about the Dodgers. But in terms of our lineup, we still got Andrew Vaughn coming and an upgrade in RF will happen at some point, whether that be adding a free agent, making a trade, or signing one of the big Cuban outfielders like Yoelkis Cespedes. And what’s really scary is that Tim (4), Yoan (5), Eloy (6), Luis (7), Vaughn (6), & Madrigal (6) are all controlled for the next four to seven years. This window is just opening up for us and the lineup is already a force to be reckoned with.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Gonzales is obviously a good starter, but fairly similar to Keuchel and wouldn’t want my post-season having two guys like that. Seager I’d want no part at his age & contract, especially when it requires moving Moncada off a position he’s both comfortable and very good at.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
The Rangers play tonight at 6pm and Lynn is scheduled to be on the mound for them. That could really accelerate things from a trade perspective. Also, just wanted to post the quote from Ken Rosenthal that I referenced earlier. If teams are truly unwilling to move a top 100 prospect for him and the Rangers figure now is the time to move him regardless, then we better be serious players with a 3 or 4 player quantity-based package similar to how we got the A’s to bite on a Shark deal. Fuck, I’d give up Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo plus Lopez at this point. That package lacks a true centerpiece, but gives them an arm they can instantly replace Lynn with that might benefit from a change of scenery, a pitching prospect that had some serious helium coming into the season, a major league ready LH power bat that could immediately factor into their 1B/DH mix, and a high risk / high reward OF prospect that may only be a year or so away. I’m sure they’d rather land a blue chipper plus lesser pieces, but if the market is suppressed because of COVID-related concerns, that‘s a deal I think they’d consider.
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Dunning’s stuff looked spectacular those first few innings. I feel like we must have been watching different pitchers.
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
Wow...and thanks.
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
What happened?
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
?
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
Come on Yoan!!
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
Ugly at-bat there
-
Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch
Nice work Yas!!
-
Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread
Apparently Ken Rosenthal has been speculating that teams may not be willing to pay a huge price for Lynn given the economic environment and the increased value of cheap young talent. I still think a quantity-based package (Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo) might be enough to get something done. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.