Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
"In doing so, they sent two letters of the alphabet to their loyal followers: F (faith) and U (unity). I think that’s what those letters stand for."
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
- New Manager. Who could sox target at this point?
George O'Leary famously "resigned" days after being hired by Notre Dame after it was discovered he lied on his resumé https://www.cbsnews.com/news/notre-dame-coach-resigns-in-disgrace/ More recently, Beltran was hired and fired by the Mets last year after the cheating scandal broke. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/mets-fire-manager-carlos-beltran-wake-astros-sign-stealing-scandal-n1116271- La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
And Jerry for continuing to use him as a mouthpiece to fall on the sword while he sits quietly by.- La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
I hit the laugh emoji on this because I'm at the point where I'm *so* pissed/frustrated/embarrassed/disappointed by this whole charade the front office is putting on so that all I have left to do is laugh.- La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
With the Sox knowing, the only way that we're rid of him is if there's a closed door conversation and TLR comes out and says he's made the decision to step away to take care of himself. This won't be a Sox publicly forcing him out - it'll either be backroom deal for TLR to fall on the sword himself, or the Sox are ok with him managing this year.- Offseason Targets
- Offseason Targets
I like Chris Archer as well for the reason you mentioned, and also just the results we've seen from some studs/future studs after they leave Pittsburgh. My pick for a bounce back candidate.- Offseason Targets
Welp, that didn't take long ?- Ray a Jay (1/$8M)
It makes sense for him to take that offer and run. If a team is offering more than what the market was projecting for him, lock it up. I feel like if other players are signed and set the market, he doesn't get that offer once other teams see how depressed contract offers are. Good for him.- White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
There goes Fetter. Hinch and now Fetter, shaping up to be a good staff in Detroit. What could have been on the South Side, perhaps?- Offseason Targets
It's linked through Future Sox too. Any idea if he's related to Luis? I don't know anything about him.- Offseason Targets
It's Schrodinger's tweet: does the original "deleted" tweet even exist?- Offseason Targets
..... AND to then expose a hole that requires spending a bunch of money on DJ to fill it. Doesn't add up to me - that money will be spent on a position of need. Counterargument would be that Madrigal is traded to fill that position of need (say, TOR starter), but again he doesn't have the trade value to bring in that haul. I don't see this happening.- Jose Abreu is a finalist for AL MVP
Oh come on, get out of here with your thinly-veiled steroid accusations- Tony La Russa named Manager
In this morning's interview on MLBN, he mentioned how strong our lineup is "at shortstop, first base, and the outfield", but didn't use anyone's name throughout. I thought it was curious at the time but didn't put too much into it.- White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
It was good overall, I actually came away a bit more positive on him (and I'm firmly in the "pissed at this hire" camp). They asked him all the usual stuff ie how he will handle bat flips etc. He mentioned Ricky and Dave Henderson in Oakland, Edmonds' flair in STL. He said he learned early on that you need to be careful that you don't manage the competiveness out of a player like that, can't make them be someone that they aren't. He got fluffy with his "if they're sincere about it", but his point was that he's for the personalities if he knows they're trying to help the team. Basically the me-first showboats are bad, team-first energy is good. That attitude seems to line up with our energy guys.- White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
TLR on MLBN's Hot Stove right now discussing coaching staff. He mentioned how it's Kenny and Rick's ship as they're the ones that got the team where it is now, and mentioned a big part going forward is continuity of that staff because of the success we've had. Said there will be guys from the staff over the last few years that will still be here.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Jesus, can you imagine if he's already taking names of who is acting in what he sees as his "Cardinal/Sox way" and already picking favorites/dog-house guys? /Overreaction over- Tony La Russa named Manager
I can't believe this is how we end our rebuild. It's like waiting years through puberty, finally getting in bed with some girl.... and then promptly punching yourself in the dick.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Remember when that was the next market opportunity to hire all of these analytics guys other clubs recently let go to save money? Can't imagine they're jumping over each other to come here now.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I was one to cancel my MLB.tv subscription after the Machado debacle. Turns out there are plenty of free ways to online without giving them tacit approval, and I'm much happier for it.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I can't WAIT to hear which retread 60-year old white dudes are going to be on this guy's staff. What a clown show, jfc.- Offseason Targets
Especially NL teams - they'll wait to see if the DH is here to stay or not, huge impact on guys like Ozuna to the Braves.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Almost definitely, no reason for a FA not associated with a team to comment on that team rumored to hire a manager. I clarified it's probably a Photoshop in an edit. - New Manager. Who could sox target at this point?