Everything posted by DirtySox
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:01 AM) i know Ranaudo has been used in relief lately, i imagine that coupled with his injury is contributing to his sharp fall. I just don't think he'll fall that far. Things are starting to solidify a bit more with only 14 days left. Should be interesting to see how others see some of these players this week. Mayo will be posting his 10 - 20 mock, and I believe we are due something from Piliere. Sickels just posted his top 50 as well.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 24, 2010 -> 09:52 AM) He has Anthony Ranaudo at #26 and Austin Wilson slipping out of the first round? I can never get a good read on Seiler, i don't know if he has a background here, or he's just doing junior scouting like the rest of us. Pretty sure he is rather legitimate. Frequent scouting trips and gets most of his information from scouts/reputable inside sources. Ranaudo has been dropping hard. BA noted that he might drop out of the 1st round with his injury issues, weak performances, and Boras representation. Wilson is harder to get a read on, but supposedly his pitch recognition is becoming very worrisome and of course the signability issues.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
2 weeks until draft day. Andy Seiler - Mock Draft # 7
-
5/23 Games
QUOTE (CSF @ May 23, 2010 -> 04:43 PM) Hudson: 8 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 0 BB, 11 K Yeah, remember when he was bad? 1 BB actually. 1 is close to 0 though.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
I'm becoming more and more fond of Castellanos. Mayo thinks he won't be as tough a sign as many people seem to think and that he wants to get his pro career started ASAP. It's hard to not get your hopes up with some of the projectable young bats that will be available at 13. It's unfortunate that college pitcher is all I've been hearing so far.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
- Gamethread: White Sox(16-24) vs Marlins (22-20) 7:10 PM
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2010 -> 01:04 PM) Which game will we win? We will beat Volstad.- Draft Preview: College Hitters
Thanks. Gauntlett Eldemire is such a great name.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
Alex Wimmers will be returning to the mound tonight after being sidelined with Hamstring issues even though he won't be at 100%. Game is versus Minnesota at 6 Central on the Big Ten Network. I know he isn't the sexiest arm in the draft, but he's a legitimate mid first round candidate and an option at 13. Definitely something to watch before the Sox/Hawks start. C/OF Mike Kvasnicka on the Gophers is also someone to take note of. Likely a 2nd round talent.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:30 AM) ?? http://www.minorleagueball.com/ http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/14/1...-draft-scouting http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/5/14/1...icago-white-sox- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
So which one of you is heading the Sickels MOD? I assume it's someone that posts here, but under a different name.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:45 PM) Two words: talent infusion. I want Austin Wilson. I think I'd be happy with any high upside player. I'd be very enthusiastic if it was a prep player. Give me a Wilson/Castellanos/Sale/Whitson/Cole and I'll feel much better about the direction the organization is heading.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
- Angels @ White Sox 5/19/10 Game Thread!
Pierre LF, Nix 3B, Jones RF, PK 1b, Rios CF, AJ C, Quentin dh, Ramirez SS, Beckham 2B, Danks p- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
- 5/18 Games
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:46 AM) has he been playing at 1b at all? Primarily- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2010 -> 05:53 AM) Mayo said that a lot of the scouts he's talked to peg Wimmers (a name the Sox are likely to heavily consider) as the first guy in the draft to reach the majors. I think I would agree. He somewhat resembles a Mike Leake to me in that he doesn't have eye-popping stuff or a pitcher's frame, but manages to make up for it with his intangibles. Wouldn't be my favorite pick, but plugging in a possible mid-rotation starter into a system devoid of pitching depth seems very likely. You also mentioned Whitson. He's a favorite of mine, but I really haven't given him much realistic consideration since the Sox don't draft high school pitchers with 1st round picks usually. Would be quite pleased if we picked him up though.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:22 PM) And where has playing it safe gotten our farm system in recent years? The safe picks haven't yielded much, but I'm not advocating a safe approach. I just won't be surprised in the least if we don't select Wilson or Ranaudo even if both are available. I guess I'm not fully sold on the organization's "commitment" to this new draft philosophy yet. Drafting a toolsy college player like Mitchell with a late first round pick for slot is drastically different than taking a high leverage high school player with signability issues and a huge bust chance (Wilson). I'd love for them to go out on a limb this year with both tools and upside and what they are willing to spend, but I don't fully believe that is the M.O. until I see it happen with my own eyes.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2010 -> 09:12 PM) If Wilson or Ranaudo are there and we don't pick one, I will officially be confused. I won't. One has Boras as an agent and injury issues, while the other has signability questions and is extremely risky. (And the organization keeps noting a desire for pitching this year)- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
Any thoughts on Stetson Allie? He has some serious helium right now. Evidently his control has been shored up significantly this year, and his slider has been nasty. It's looking more and more likely that he will go in the 1st round. He's got the arm to dream about, but there's a good chance he ends up a reliever. (albeit a closer/setup reliever)- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:33 PM) I'm expecting someone like Workman or Wimmers. At least this way I can't be disappointed... or I'll just be less disappointed. I'd rather have Wimmers than Workman. I don't think Workman is a mid 1st talent. That being said, I'm not enamored with either of them.- 2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:26 PM) Right, now i've pretty firmly set on wanting Austin Wilson to be our pick. That's predicated by the belief that Raunado will be taken before that. IF he isn't i'd like to bring him. After that we need to get a projectable LHP and some middle infield depth that can swing the bat. One wonders when/if the organizational tendency to take college players with the first pick will deviate. Austin Wilson would be a fine starting point. I think many people see some Heyward in him. I also wouldn't be averse to Cole/Covey if pitching depth is first to be addressed. (Assuming they plan to pony up for Cole) We should be getting some more accurate assessments of what teams are thinking in the coming weeks. I believe Jonathan Mayo's first mock goes up tomorrow.- 2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
Forum needs a dedicated draft thread imo.- 2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:44 AM) I'm interested in seeing what the (over)reaction will be here if (when?) we draft Ozney Guillen in an early round Isn't he actually a legitimate prospect? I haven't been able to find much, if any scouting information on him.- 2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:37 AM) Brandon Workman is another guy who I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Sox interested in. RHP out of Texas with good movement on a low 90's fastball with a big spike curve. You mentioned Harvey who I also like. Big arm, decent breaking stuff, lots of ground balls. I could get on board with him at 13. I've seen Workman pitch a few times and I've been relatively impressed. The curve-ball can be rather good. I think he's been passed up by better talent lately though from what I've read. Many publications see him as a late 1st to supplemental rounder. - Gamethread: White Sox(16-24) vs Marlins (22-20) 7:10 PM
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.