Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I would call living in the neighborhood for 12 years a large enough sample size. I live here every single day, half a mile from the ballpark. How many games do you actually commute to? You're dead fucking wrong, have been repeatedly proven wrong, yet continue to dig a deeper hole. Good luck there champ, but with every single post you prove that you have less of a grasp of Chicago White Sox fan behavior than you've repeatedly stated in your many many inaccurate statements.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
One city block. 3 L lines stop at Roosevelt & State, there are multiple busses on Roosevelt, Clark, State, and Michigan that all stop near by. The 78 plans also call for a new Red Line stop to be constructed at the south end of the development near 15th & Clark, 3 blocks south of Roosevelt. Whether that actually happens is another story, but there already numerous transit options, with two major Metra hubs within a mile or so.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Funny that if I’m headed back to my neighborhood from downtown in the late afternoon before a Sox game I go out of my way to avoid the Red Line because it’s always jammed with Sox fans, gasp, taking public transit to a Sox game. Funny how evidence works.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I believe ISFA owns the lots. I see state troopers occasionally use Lot G during the offseason, but they mostly sit empty on non game days. I saw mention that the Fire could use GRF if and when the Sox vacate. If that happens, I'd image lots B and D remain and the rest are sold to developers. It is still a usable ballpark that seems to be in good shape, I can't imagine it would simply be razed if the Sox move.
-
The OF Thread
So he'll fit right in!
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Is it baseball season yet?!?!
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Correct, Sale sliced and diced the 1976's. But the 83's do need to be retired again IMO. They were fun for a while, but it's time for a new alt uni.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I've seen those before and I quite like them! I like a few of the alt designs too. I actually love the 83 batter-man logo, I'm just tired of the uniforms. I'd love an update/redesign with the 83 logo worked in.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
He's not the only one!
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Nope. That is a valid point. This is just the icing on the s%*# offseason though, so its hard to feel good or get excited by any of the moves so far.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
The current logo is nationally known, even outside baseball. It's such a classic that I have a hard time seeing a new ownership group rebranding and drastically changing it. Maybe a few new alternate uniforms, but I don't see that classic Sox going away.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I guess I’m just not that familiar with Polanco despite him playing for Minnesota, because I hate it for my Mariners. Feels like a very KW-esque tunnel vision overpay to me. Hopefully the bat wins me over quickly because I see another gigantic hole in a bullpen that already needed addressing.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
??
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Tailgating is fun and all, but how often are people actually doing it over a summer? Meanwhile those lots sit empty and locked 20 hours a day on most days. There is zero rational argument for keeping that much empty parking when almost anything else would be a better draw for fans and a much better use of real estate.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I was referring to the pitching prospect. The Lookout Landing write up I read called him their best pitching prospect in the low minors. Topa came on strong last season as a late inning option. I know he’s 32, but losing him hurts the backend of the bullpen for a team supposedly trying to reach the postseason.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
No arguments there. Extending the same tax into the future probably satisfies the “no new tax” claim. TIF funds would likely be used for new infrastructure at the 78, new park or not. I’ll be skeptical of most anything JR sells until the dirty details come out.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
If he likes it, it probably means it’s a good deal for ownership. What it means for taxpayers or fans is another story.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I’m basing that off a local blog write up on the deal. I’m not familiar with him so I could be wrong.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I’m certainly not happy. Losing Topa hurts and makes the pen thinner when they already needed better late inning options. Polanco is solid and all, but feels redundant to guys already on the roster IMO. Seems like a Kenny gets his man sort of deal for Dipoto.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Interesting. Would love to know the deets of said game changing plan.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Seattle is sending cash. DeSlafani offsets Polanco’s money, but Topa, their #4, and their best pitching prospect feels like a lot to me.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Feels like a hefty price for Polanco. I really have no idea what Dipoto is doing.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I don’t think Desclafani factored into their rotation plans.