Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Probably the latter. I haven't seen anything specific about their offers for Cease, other than hints that they weren't still in active discussions when the Burnes deal went down.
-
Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
Exactly. He's #1 on my s%*# list of guys who I see regressing further. If Fletcher or Deloach struggle in the field, Robert is back to covering far too much ground, which isn't exactly a recipe for keeping him healthy. Moncada is no lock to stay healthy either and Vaughn and Maldonado are hardly Gold Glovers. So we are banking on Lopez and Dejong to vastly improve the whole defense? I don't see it. Perhaps a slight improvement, but not significant enough to save them from 100+ losses again.
-
Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
I honestly don't think the defense will make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps a slight improvement, but not significant enough to make up for what might be the worst hitting team in the league. I also don't have much faith that the scrap heap pitching staff is any better than last year, even if Cease is in 2022 form. I'm not trying to sound super negative, but it's hard for me to squint and see any improvement.
-
Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
110 might be a slight exaggeration but I do think they are much worse. For all the talk of improving the defense, they've added nothing to an already terrible offense. 2024 might not be as laughable as 2023, but I don't know how this squad will score runs.
-
Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
Closer? On a potential 110 loss team?
-
Lynn Kopech Eloy Jimenez all on "most improved" candidates list
If this list is headlined by Lance Lynn of all people, you know it is not to be taken seriously…
-
Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
If it were, we probably wouldn’t be hearing that Getz is insistent on getting pitching in return for Cease. Quantity =|= quality.
-
Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
I’d like a great many more things if this were true.
-
Lynn Kopech Eloy Jimenez all on "most improved" candidates list
Where’s that fluff .gif when I need it…
-
Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
It’s really hard to squint and see 25, let alone 40+. Add in Vaughn’s subpar bat at a power position and the lack of power becomes more alarming.
-
White Sox offseason ranked 23rd and incomplete before yesterday’s trades
23rd is awfully generous, but don’t worry, the offseason isn’t even over yet. There’s still time for it to be worse.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
As in Ortiz, Hall, and the pick+? If so I’m fine with Getz holding out. Ortiz might turn into a fine player, but that package just doesn’t move the needle for us.
-
The LaRoche article dug up from 2015
Was the effort searching deep in the recesses of memory to dig up this ancient thread really worth it to post some needless inconsequential bit of random information? Seriously, WTF?
-
The LaRoche article dug up from 2015
This is how I remember it too.
-
How has Andrew Vaughn escaped trade speculation ?
How has Andrew Vaughn escaped trade speculation? Because no one in their right mind gives anything of value for a light hitting below average RH 1B?
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Anyone else curious if today's moves are a precursor to a Cease for pitching trade now that Getz has grabbed two MLB ready OF? Cease for Woo/Miller+ or similar return seems much more palatable now to me.
-
Twins to sign Santana...
This only puts the Twins in a better position to compete with us... Hahahah sorry, couldn't resist.
-
Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
- Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
I'll trust Bannister there. Never hurts to have more triple digit arms in the pen.- Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
That's generous haha.- Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick
Berroa is super intriguing. M's bloggers were excited he'd get a shot after Topa was traded away. This one is curious from Seattle's side, but I love the return for the Sox.- Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
I was just trying to think of who bats leadoff this season with TA gone, and I sure as hell hope its not Naperville Nicky...- Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
Drafted in 2019 as an almost 22 year old and has only had a cup of coffee in the bigs. I doubt he's out of minor league options.- Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
Such an awful deal, and we are only one year into it. UGH.- Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
I find it puzzling too. - Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick