Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tnetennba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tnetennba

  1. Except you don't speak for all Southsiders. I, a Bridgeport resident, rarely partake in tailgating. If there were more options at the park, I would probably partake of those even on non game days while those parking lots sit empty, contributing absolutely nothing to the surrounding neighborhood.
  2. Getz's Whit dreams stay alive...
  3. It would 100% be a waste of Cease. So much so that the Toronto FO might suffer broken ribs from rolling on the floor laughing after hanging up the phone. I actually like Varsho as a player, but with Benintendi and Robert already on the roster, he simply doesn't fit.
  4. I'd be so mad if the M's acquired him.
  5. They do need a starting 3B and a LH bat. Moncada probably could use a change of scenery too.
  6. I keep forgetting they added Garver.
  7. If Eloy is part of the deal that is. Which I think I floated but haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.
  8. Even if Cease returns to 2022 form, I still think it's a dumb move for the Mariners. Closer was their biggest issue down the stretch after trading Sewald, and it hasn't been addressed yet either. After losing Hernandez, Suarez, and Kelnic this winter and adding only Raley, bats would seem to be a close second to bullpen as their top needs.
  9. No. And there's no real indication they're interested from what I've seen.
  10. Starting pitching wasn't their issue last year though. And they salary dumped half of their offense this winter.
  11. Which might speak to Getz still wanting pitching in return, but it's just shortsighted IMO. I simply don't understand it from Seattle's side.
  12. M's trading prospects for Cease then moving Woo or Miller for bats (separate or as a 3 way) is really the only thing that makes sense to me. Trading 6 years of control for 2 years of Cease simply doesn't.
  13. That's essentially what I was getting at. New Sox Park being so much closer to downtown would give corporations and tourists alike reason to buy tix ahead of time, even if the weather turns out crappy that day.
  14. FWIW, just scrolling through M's twitter/message board, they think a trade is likely happening, but don't know what. They seem as puzzled my the Mariner's supposed interest in Cease as some of us are.
  15. Maybe, but it's a waste of money for a cost conscious team. Not sue what Whit gives them over their current UT/platoon guys.
  16. Not really sure where Whit fits in for them. They already have Sam Haggerty and Dylan Moore on the 40 man as UTIL guys.
  17. I don't think it's weird at all. I think people are underestimating the value of a major league ready starter with 6 years of control. That's a nice get, but you won't receive much more along with him. I also don't think adding another starter is really Seattle's area of need though, so I doubt any of their top positional prospects are on the table.
  18. Agreed. Which is why it doesn’t make any sense to me.
  19. He definitely had some rough starts down the stretch. If Getz is hell bent on getting pitching back, I wouldn't say no to Miller.
  20. They're already thin in the OF. This just creates a hole without really filling a need.
  21. Does Wrigley struggle with attendance in April if the team is decent? If the new Sox Park is done right I think it starts to negate some of those weather detractors.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.