Jump to content

Sox looking at building in South Loop


southsider2k5
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • southsider2k5 changed the title to Sox looking at building in South Loop
1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is the last thing that Reinsdorf deserves.

 

 

I would tell him: if it's publicly funded, then it's owned by the city of Chicago, it's going to have a retractable roof, and the city will use it however it wants for the 284 days a year that the Sox aren't at home, and keep all revenues from that usage. If you want anything other than that, pay for it yourself.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

This is a blank canvas and there are so many awesome options. A stadium that overlooks the skyline! They could really build something special. However, they need to have a plan for traffic because Roosevelt can be a real clusterf*ck between State and all the way past Canal. 

Public transportation would be incredible there.  Be a lot less need to drive from the burbs.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Public transportation would be incredible there.  Be a lot less need to drive from the burbs.

That water taxi quote sounds interesting too. This really sounds like a fun location for a park.

Now I'm going to be devastated when it comes out years later that this could have been something really cool that we miss our on a la the Camden Yards design.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

That water taxi quote sounds interesting too. This really sounds like a fun location for a park.

Now I'm going to be devastated when it comes out years later that this could have been something really cool that we miss our on a la the Camden Yards design.

Exactly. We can dream but once everyone gets their greedy little fingers in the pot it's just going to be garbage. 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to do a double take. I expected it to be an old article from the first time the site was considered. 

I thought the land was spoken for, but a new modern stadium at Clark & Roosevelt would be game changer for the future health of the whole White Sox organization. 

Please Universe, please make it happen. 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I would tell him: if it's publicly funded, then it's owned by the city of Chicago, it's going to have a retractable roof, and the city will use it however it wants for the 284 days a year that the Sox aren't at home, and keep all revenues from that usage. If you want anything other than that, pay for it yourself.

The Bears are working like hell to get out of that deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I had to do a double take. I expected it to be an old article from the first time the site was considered. 

I thought the land was spoken for, but a new modern stadium at Clark & Roosevelt would be game changer for the future health of the whole White Sox organization. 

Please Universe, please make it happen. 

This would literally be a dream come true if were to happen.  Hopefully this ends up being Jerry’s final olive branch for decades of terrible ownership.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How far away would it be from LaSalle Street Metra Station?

I always pass that location on my way into the city and seems very feasible that they could just construct another stop in the nothingness that lives there if they so chose to do so. Would LOVE this location.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I always pass that location on my way into the city and seems very feasible that they could just construct another stop in the nothingness that lives there if they so chose to do so. Would LOVE this location.

That would be awesome too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...