Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Can the sox have the best farm system in baseball after the deadline
I think the Sox could end up with the deepest farm system in the game. They have 4 high picks and could add 6 or 7 more players onto their top 30, but I still don't think it'll be the best overall farm system because of lack of impact. Schultz has a shot at being a top top top guy, but they really lack a potential superstar bat and it's unlikely whoever they draft this year will be viewed that way immediately. And for sure no one is trading you Jackson Holliday or someone like that. So, I'd say they'll be Top Ten.
-
6/8 Games
I wonder if you’ll start seeing more piggybacks in mlb. Sox essentially did it with Crochet and Cannon on Friday. When it works, it keeps two guys on a regular routine and spares the pen. It is probably better for pitcher health than 4/5 guys grabbing 1 inning each. I could tell the Smokies announcers wanted someone other than Adams after he did 3 innings.
-
6/8 Games
Wolkow might be the single most important prospect this team has. If he hits, he's a cornerstone. They don't have a lotta guys with 60+ power.
-
6/8 Games
Another great play by Baldwin. Diving grab of a liner for a DP.
- 6/8 Games
-
6/8 Games
And for a 13th round pick, that would be a win.
-
Brooks Baldwin
I think Baldwin is a prospect. I would put him #10 in the system. Sox management is very high on him. But national prospect guys are not that high on him. He's in the 20s on most lists.
-
6/8 Games
Adams is getting squeezed down in the zone.
-
6/8 Games
Jacob Gonzalez just missed one to the big part of the ballpark.
-
6/8 Games
Mason Adams in for the piggyback.
-
6/8 Games
5 hits to start the inning. Barons now lead 4-1 still nobody out.
-
6/8 Games
Baldwin hard hit grounder. Outfielder stumbles, credited with a double. Now the dreaded "triple short of the cycle." 2-1 Barons.
-
6/8 Games
56 pitches through 4. If he's done Schultz 4IP 3H1R 1ER 0bb 2K 1HBP.
-
6/8 Games
Schultz pitches over it. Still 1-1.
-
6/8 Games
Error on Baldwin. Popped out of his glove than rushed the throw.
-
6/8 Games
Another hard hit for Baldwin. Two Barons HBP, but leave sacks packed. Elko K. Baldwin looks so good. I truly do not see how Shaw is a top 20 prospect and Baldwin is supposed to be some utility guy.
-
6/8 Games
Baldwin great play in the hole. Stronger arm than I give him credit for.
-
6/8 Games
Tatum loses a ball in the sun for a double. Leads to a run.
-
6/8 Games
TLR is going to be a guest in the Barons game. 2 straight wins with Tony out of town. Coincidence?
-
6/8 Games
HR Baldwin. It was smoked.
-
June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.
The Red Sox are no great shakes either.
-
June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.
Nastrini was 93-95 in the first, 91 now. Mediocre control. Looking more and more like a reliever. I thought he had turned a corner near the end of last year. I was wrong.
-
June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.
Yeah. That’s kind of what I was saying. He has a golden opportunity, but if doesn’t seize it, there are a million guys nipping at his heels.
-
6/7 Games
I would go Thorpe, Taylor, Iriarte, Bush, Eder, Adams, Cannon, Nastrini, Aldrin Batista, McDougal, Keener, Pallette, Carela, Burke, Schweitzer. Bullpen… maybe Adler, Coffey, AHT, Cousin, Berroa, Luna, Dalquist?
-
June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.
Nastrini has the chance to grab a spot before the wave of guys behind him, but they’re coming fast. Schultz, Taylor, Thorpe, Iriarte, Bush, Eder, and Adams all have a chance to compete with Nastrini, Cannon, Burke, and Davis Martin as early as next year. Gonna be interesting to see who excels.