Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

He’s a moron. Did you guys listen to the most recent White Sox Talk Podcast? Garfien had Ozzie on. Ozzie mentioned that Grifol big leagued the hell out of him right when he was hired. Ozzie called Pedro to congratulate him and to give him advice about managing in Chicago and apparently Grifol was a major douche. This guy sucks just as much as Hahn does. (And that says a lot!) 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-sox-talk-podcast/id1162163703?i=1000623785357

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

He’s a moron. Did you guys listen to the most recent White Sox Talk Podcast? Garfien had Ozzie on. Ozzie mentioned that Grifol big leagued the hell out of him right when he was hired. Ozzie called Pedro to congratulate him and to give him advice about managing in Chicago and apparently Grifol was a major douche. This guy sucks just as much as Hahn does. (And that says a lot!) 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-sox-talk-podcast/id1162163703?i=1000623785357

Birds of a feather.

• Like 1

Here were Pedro’s key goals for the club this year:

• “We will communicate” - Can’t be good when guys aren’t pulling for each other and when our CF doesn’t even know the bench coach’s name
  • “We will be fundamentally sound” - Still lots of stupid on a regular basis
  • “We will play with passion and pride for this uniform. This means something.” - Majority of team has played with little passion and a complete lack of urgency as the season quickly withered away
  • “We will respect the game, our fans, and earn their trust” - Perhaps the least fun Sox team I have ever watched (largely due to issues above) and fan interest is at an all-time low
  • “We will control the strike zone on both sides of the ball…” - Currently ranked dead last in offensive walk rate and 2nd worst in pitching walk rate
  • “We will work hard and play winning baseball every night and definitely will hold each other accountable.”  - 4th worst record in all of baseball and we now have proof there are no rules or accountability

What a fucking fraud.  Send his ass back to KC where he belongs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

White Sox baseball should never be about wins. That's stupid. 

That’s not the issue…saying meaningless wins in a lost season are more important than the development of young players who could theoretically help in you know, a winning season, is a level of stupid I didn’t think was possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

White Sox baseball should never be about wins. That's stupid. 

Yes, since this is exactly what we are talking about.  Come on dude.

Wins and losses don’t matter at this point in a lost season.  Playing vets to chase meaningless wins over developing talent is just stupid for a team 20 games under. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Wins and losses don’t matter at this point in a lost season.  Playing vets to chase meaningless wins over developing talent is just stupid for a team 20 games under. 

Geez.

There's no point to even being a fan of this team.

That's where things are definitely headed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I want a roster of guys who never give up. Play every game to win. Never accept losing. 

This culture of accepting losses is unacceptable and why we suck for a hundred years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I want a roster of guys who never give up. Play every game to win. Never accept losing. 

This culture of accepting losses is unacceptable and why we suck for a hundred years. 

You say that, as if the young kids won't want to win every game? Running Elvis Andrus, Yasmani Grandal, etc out there, when the season is very clearly over, does nothing to prep the organization for whatever debacle we see in 2024.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You can have that and be playing rookies at the same time. Andrus sucks, Grandal is a terrible catcher.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Who the f*** even knows

All I asked was where the game thread is...but I guess nobody cares anymore at this point.

I mean...imagine if you said exactly two years ago when Anderson walked off the Yankees at the Field of Dreams game that we were going to have a NY series in our so called championship window and it was basically going to be irrelevant for both franchises.

12 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

You say that, as if the young kids won't want to win every game? Running Elvis Andrus, Yasmani Grandal, etc out there, when the season is very clearly over, does nothing to prep the organization for whatever debacle we see in 2024.

This

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

In case you havent noticed, they are losing games either way.  And we already have a roster full of guys that don’t play to win.  
So we should play the vets that are just happy to still draw a pay check, or still have a contract and just don’t give a s%*#?  Keeping playing the vets that played themselves to a 46-69 record?  That’s somehow your answer? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1