Everything posted by Timmy U
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Here's something horrifying: Torkelson has a higher OPS than Vaughn. Not that either of them are good.
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Benintendi is the best rbi man on the team even though he has almost no power.
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Houston rarely gives away good players. Korey Lee does not look like the exception to the rule.
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Colas has good defensive tools, but sometimes it looks weird out there.
-
9/1 Games
Cousin done 6IP 7H 3R 3ER 1bb 6K. Not bad. He's going to the Fall League for innings, but also I think they believe he may be a fast riser.
- 9/1 Games
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Never a doubt.
-
9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez
Oops, forgot they won on Thursday.
-
9/1 Games
Sac fly for Baldwin, just missed hitting it out. 2-0
-
9/1 Games
Burke rbi double. W-S up 1-0.
-
9/1 Games
No Jacob Gonzalez in the Kanny line up. Sprinkle starts at short.
-
Patino and Rodriguez called up; Rodriguez sent back down, Remillard up
Huh? Then why is he up at all?
-
2023 MiLB catch all
Yeah, interesting. Usually the Sox send np reliever types to decide whether they should be protected on the 40 man. I suppose Vera fits that profile. Eder has to be protected anyway, so who knows?
-
Patino and Rodriguez called up; Rodriguez sent back down, Remillard up
TA, Moncada, Sosa in the line up. Popeye sits. Maybe Grifol just wanted his old friend back sitting next to him?
-
Patino and Rodriguez called up; Rodriguez sent back down, Remillard up
Is it wrong that I see this -- along with the promotions of Nastrini and Mena -- as bad for my favorite team, the Birmingham Barons?
-
Patino and Rodriguez called up; Rodriguez sent back down, Remillard up
Also, is Seby not coming back up?
-
Patino and Rodriguez called up; Rodriguez sent back down, Remillard up
Hmm, who plays, Lenyn or Popeye? Or does TA sit? Moncada?
-
2023 MLB Draft thread
Like you said, he's a little more upright and I think he's slightly more closed. That said, it's not that much different.
-
2023 MLB Draft thread
One bit of hope on the BA podcast is they say maybe Gonzalez is just tired. Certainly, if all you saw of Montgomery was his Birmingham stint last year, you would not have been high on him. Clearly, Gonzalez knows the zone, makes good swing decisions, and looks cromulent at ss. That is a decent floor to build on. I hope he just decides to pull everything ala Robin Ventura, a similarly underwhelming athlete. He looks okay pulling the ball, it’s when he tries to go to left where he looks completely unplayable.
-
2023 MLB Draft thread
How do they make such a huge scouting blunder? First video I saw of him before the draft, it stuck out like a sore thumb. Then when I saw him at Kanny, it did not look any better. As I said on draft day, how do you take a bat-first player if you immediately want to change his swing?!
-
8/31 Games
Yeah, from what I saw I thought he deserved a better fate. The stuff certainly plays. The results aren't much better, but he seems closer to his best self than Eder is right now.
-
8/31 Games
W-S up 2-0. HR Baldwin. Good start so far for McCullogh.
-
8/31 Games
He looks poised and is throwing strikes. Very encouraging.
-
8/31 Games
Kanny loses thanks to another DP.
-
8/31 Games
2IP 3K now. That change up is a real difference maker for him.