Everything posted by Timmy U
- 7/27 Games
-
7/27 Games
Big day for DSL. Currently leading 11-6. They've gotten 11bb.
-
2023 White Sox Salary / Transaction Tracker
I think I'm being a little crazy, but it just demonstrates how little depth this org has amassed.
-
2023 White Sox Salary / Transaction Tracker
Also, am I crazy, but is Matt Thompson the only prospect you'd even consider adding to the 40 man? Mena and Veras aren't Rule 5 eligible until after next year. Most of your higher level relievers have been either hurt (Freeman) or ineffective (Lane Ramsey). Mieses hasn't done anything to warrant it. Maybe this changes with the upcoming sell off, but I could see the Sox taking 5 guys in the Rule 5 draft just because they can.
-
2023 White Sox Salary / Transaction Tracker
Just looking at the 40 man, if you remove all the folks gone after this trade deadline/year (Including declining the options on Kelly and Lynn), you're at 31. With even minimal clearing of guys like Haseley, Frazier, Padilla, and Peralta, you're at 27. Then there's failed prospects like Sheets, Romy Gonzalez, and Carlos Perez (sorry, I like him too but he can't catch) you might be below 25. Sox have a lot of warm bodies to acquire just to run a team out, let alone build a contender.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
They meant the Angels.
-
2023 MiLB catch all
I hope they move Hackenberg to AAA for two months. He's a pretty strong defender who was tearing the cover off the ball lately. I'd hate to see him get buried.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
I agree. Jeferson Quero is probably the better prospect and he is just as blocked (by Contreras) as Edgar was (by O'Hoppe). But let's say Edgar doesn't develop much power. My comp for him is the Sox version of Narvaez, only he switch hits and has a much stronger throwing arm. So he's a lower-in-the order contributor instead of what would have been essentially a 3rd rounder if the Sox gave Gio a QO. Not bad. Probably not an All Star, but not bad.
-
Lucas Giolito Appreciation Thread
Lucas, great pitcher, seems like a great dude. He will definitely be missed. That said, they weren't gonna resign him so at least they got something for him. The Angels are almost as dumb as the Sox, so maybe these players will turn out to be good.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
But Rick promised he could play his radio at a reasonable volume.
-
7/26 Games
Man, Godwin Bennett is a big man. I have high hopes for him.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
I would go 1. Montgomery 2. Schultz 3. Quero 4. Jacob Gonzalez 5. Ramos 6. Mena 7. Cannon 8. Ky Bush 9. McDougal 10. Sosa 11. Popeye. I am higher than most on McDougal and lower on Pallette. His curve looks plus, but when I've seen him he's low 90's without much command. If his stuff doesn't tick back up to where he was in college, he looks like just a guy to me, but what do I know?
-
7/26 Games
ACL held on to win 6-5. No hits yet for Gonzalez 0-5 w/ 3bb and 2K in 2 games.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
Gio was one of my favorite Sox of all time. Class act. From his struggles in AAA to being the worst pitcher in the league to his rebound, no-hitter, and dominant playoff start, he gave us a ton of thrills. ReyLo also pitched here.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
Bush has missed a lot of time this year and had to put up with the stupid tacky ball in the Southern League. His stats last year in AA were solid. I think he's a nice add to a pitching-starved system.
-
Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
Quero is a legit prospect. Callis and Mayo at Pipeline have been high on him. Probably slots in at #3 on Sox list ahead of Jacob Gonzalez. This does not suck for two rentals.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Why is Touki in this game? I thought he was starting on Saturday.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
I hate this team. By which I mean both teams.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Lucky Taubman hit was a bad omen.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
0-2 pitch against a guy who swings at effing everything.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Man, ump has two strike zones.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Not a single ball hit hard. One of those innings.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Outside corner is huge tonight.
-
GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC
Imagine how tough you have to be to grow up with the name Mastrobuoni.
-
7/26 Games
Mena is done 5IP 4H 3R 3ER 3bb 2K. Meh.