Timmy U
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Everything posted by Timmy U
-
7/20 Games!
Nacho Alvarez long HR off Nastrini. 3-1 Charlotte leads.
-
Leasure to IL, Peralta up
Too bad for Leasure. I hope he heals up. I bet there's a bit of bullpen churn after the deadline. Coffey, AHT, Adler, and Cousin are all possibilities if they trade Kopech, Brebbia, etc.
- 7/20 Games!
-
Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs
I have always been Team "Crochet Can Start." Now, I'm on Team "I Bet Crochet Stays Healthy." The guy is a horse who is in Tip Top shape. Yes, he did have TJS, but so has every other hard thrower, including Hagen Smith. The arm is relatively low mileage as he enters his prime and his delivery is repeatable. Plus, he's really smart. Guys like this are the ones who go to the post for years. If the Sox (or someone else) is smart about workload this year, I think he's set to be a monster for the next five years. I hope the Sox don't give him away for 50 cents on the dollar.
-
2025 MLB Draft
Didn’t the Sox draft 4 guys off Chatham this year? I bet they had scouts at that game.
-
NIL impact on draft going forward/changes
I agree, for the people who actually make the majors. But Day 2 and 3 players become the underpaid career minor leaguers that we’ve seen lawsuits about. You can understand why potential 14th rounders may want to postpone their bus rides, get a degree they will most likely need, and enjoy some NIL money, even if it reduces their already slim chances of making the majors. It’s like the rest of the pay scale in baseball: things are fine for the stars, maybe not so great for the rank and file. They may have to significantly increase those day three slots or go to a hockey-style agreement with the NCAA, where they can codevelop previously drafted players while they still play in college.
- Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations
- Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations
- Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations
- Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations
- Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations
-
White Sox broadcast rated dead last
I don't know what everyone's complaining about. I like the broadcast team tonight just fine.
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
I think the Reds either had Burns #1 on their board or they are suckers. Maybe both? Burns getting more than Skenes is kinda crazy, but it is still way less than either would have gotten as unrestricted amateur free agents.
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
- Brooks Baldwin called up
Beauty is Baldwin can play anywhere on the diamond except catcher. Plus, he caught his first 3 years of high school. I think they give him at bats.- Brooks Baldwin called up
I am here and I am ready for it!- Heyman: Senzel to Sox
I think Sosa has been passed in their minds by Ramos, Montgomery, Baldwin, and Gonzalez. He’s not a long-term piece in their minds because of defense and plate discipline, so they don’t care about giving him at bats. OTOH, hard to see Senzel as anything but a guy passing through town on his way to Indy Leagues or Korea.- Maldy DFAed
Quero does not have to be put on the 40 man this winter. I think there’s a solid chance we see Chuckie for the remainder of the year. That is not necessarily a good thing.- 2025 MLB Draft
They will pick 1 in every other round.- 2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 3 1pm start
I hope you're right. Shirley may just be creating a smoke screen with all of this poor-mouthing.- 2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 3 1pm start
I get the feeling that Smith got slot and Bonemer and Larson got more than first assumed. I think they punted the second half of day 2 to pay for that.- 2024 - MLB Draft Thread
I will be interested to see what the bonuses are. I have a feeling Cags got more than Smith.- 2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 3 1pm start
I think this is where the Sox jump on a lot of college pitchers with tools but no results ala Peppers, Adams, etc. I don't think they have the money for a H.S. splash.- 2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 2
I think he's a possibility. Rumor has it the Sox liked him in H.S.- 2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 2
I would be happy with either Whitney or Oakie. I'm not sure the Sox have the $ left in their bonus pool to pay either one. Sorta odd picking Larson ahead of them if they do. Selfishly, I'd like Sirota in part because I watch Kanny's games and it would be nice to have a high draft pick we can watch. Smith isn't pitching this year and I doubt Bonemer or Larson gets out of the complex until 2026 - Brooks Baldwin called up