Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. Yeah I highly doubt Gordon gets $100 million. I say $90 million max.
  2. A team I haven't heard a lot of people mention but that might be in play for Cespedes is Washington. They made that big offer to Heyward so they obviously have the money, and they still need an OF. Wouldn't surprise me if they get in at the last minute.
  3. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 12:11 PM) This is still there as of now: Chicago White SoxEdit If he signs for that little, I'll eat my hat.
  4. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 11:35 AM) must be edited already Look under his picture, it's still there.
  5. Looks like Wikipedia jumped the gun. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoenis_C%C3%A9spedes
  6. QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 08:30 AM) I'm still worried that Detroit is lurking waiting to come in at the last minute At this point I think I'm more worried about the Angels stealing him away.
  7. The point is, Jennings is good enough that I don't think it's worth spending our very limited resources in upgrading his spot in the pen, especially considering the fact that the upgrade has a good chance of not even outperforming Jennings (lefties had a .629 OPS against Jennings this year by the way), particularly if that upgrade is someone like Duensing. But this thread is getting off-track. Back to Alex Gordon.
  8. QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 07:48 AM) Jennings had a bad strikeout rate, bad walk rate, and for his career, doesn't do *that* well against lefties. He's someone that it would be nice to upgrade on. I agree about the walk rate, but his strikeout rate is OK, and his career FIP is 3.54, which is fine. In his career he's been pretty good at avoiding the HR ball, and if he continues being a groundball pitcher going forward like he was this year, he's definitely earned a spot in the pen.
  9. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 01:48 AM) If you're 100% satisfied with Jennings' performance...I guess. Jennings was fine the vast majority of the time, he had a 6 ER performance against the Reds that made his overall numbers look worse than they were. After the All-Star Break he had a 1.39 ERA.
  10. Source: Adam LaRoche agrees to give back $8 million of his 2016 salary so that the team can sign Cespedes.
  11. The Angels better not swoop in at the last minute again.
  12. QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:23 PM) @PatrickHoward50 I was just told 6/125 https://twitter.com/barstoolWSD/status/682022766078504961 That guy is also saying the Angels offered Cespedes $125 million. Does he have any credibility?
  13. Right now I'm 52% Cespedes, 48% Gordon.
  14. So is there no chance Cespedes can go to RF?
  15. QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:00 PM) @ckamka If the White Sox were to get Cespedes, at least Quintana wouldn't have to face him... 9-15, 2 doubles, triple, 4 HR, BB, 0 strikeouts That's why I hope if the Sox don't get Cespedes that he doesn't go back to Detroit (aside from the obvious they're a division rival reason).
  16. QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:41 AM) Another good comp In his last 3 full seasons with the Cubs, during his age 34-36 seasons, Soriano put up WARs of 2.7, 1.1, and 3.5. If Cespedes did the same for the last 3 years of his deal I think we'd all take it.
  17. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:22 AM) Part of the problem is the White Sox historically have never been known to break ground in the escalation of player salaries...and a deal similar to Heyward's would do just that. Dick Allen, first player to break $250,000 in salary... with the White Sox. Albert Belle, first player to break $10 million in salary... with the White Sox.
  18. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:36 AM) The #STLCards and the #Rockies discussing a trade that could send an OF to the #Cardinals, per @jonmorosi via @MLBNetwork http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben...6e42fa2746.html Writer argues for CarGo over Dickerson/Blackmon. That would take another competitor out of the running for Gordon. Get it done guys.
  19. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 09:09 AM) You wanna be really sad.....I know hindsight. Imagine Stroman in the rotation this year. Also during this draft I recall people on this site stating Giolito was worth the risk....as was Appeal. Wacha was still there as well. http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/in...type=year_round You could say the same thing about the cubs though as well. Nothing will ever top taking a CF two picks before Trout.
  20. I think Upton has the highest demands in both money and additional clauses, which is why we're not as active in pursuing him compared to the other too, I doubt it has anything to do with Upton's "lack of interest" in playing here.
  21. Buxton just turned 22 10 days ago and has all of 138 PA at the ML level, of course he's still going to have plenty of supporters, as well he should.
  22. QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 05:40 PM) And yet, at the suggestion that the Sox do something like that, people squawk to high heaven and demand trading young players for "proven veterans". And, of couse, Kenny Williams obliged. (thankfully Hahn negotiates the deals once the proven veteran is identified). McCutchen is a better player than anyone on the Sox, and is an absolute star, so they better be careful about trading him. You're not talking about Eaton again, are you? Not even close to the same thing.
  23. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 03:33 PM) Is it though? I think there are like 13 teams that could potentially make the playoffs. There are good teams but not really anyone that's a favorite. NL has 8 teams battling for 5 spots and 7 terrible teams. I'd say all 15 AL teams could make the playoffs, even the A's had a positive run differential most of the season and they underperformed their Pythagorean record by 9 games. They always seem to contend when people don't expect them to as well. The top NL teams might be a bit better than the top AL teams, but I'd say every AL team is better than the Reds, Brewers, Marlins, Phillies, Braves, Rockies and Padres. That's half of the NL right there. There's no easy wins in the AL.
  24. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:17 PM) He slow down the market these guys want J Heyward money now. Is your grammar really that bad? This is the 4th or 5th post of yours I've seen with grammar so bad it hurts to read it. Maybe English isn't his first language?
  25. If Alvarez does well at AA this year, what's the best-case scenario for him?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.