White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Trying to think of any trades involving pitchers similar to Sale over the past 20 years or so....David Price? Rays got Austin Jackson for him. Johnny Cueto...that deal looks terrible for the Reds. Johan Santana for Carlos Gomez? Going way back, Pedro for Pavano?

Random thoughts I have in my brain.

Rays got Drew Smyly, Wily Adames and Nick Franklin, Mariners got Jackson.

Tremendous Dom trade actually.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Trying to think of any trades involving pitchers similar to Sale over the past 20 years or so....David Price? Rays got Austin Jackson for him. Johnny Cueto...that deal looks terrible for the Reds. Johan Santana for Carlos Gomez? Going way back, Pedro for Pavano?

Random thoughts I have in my brain.

Sale's age + ability + contract/control are unprecedented. Why I think he won't be traded till the winter when you can talk some team into signing over their entire farm system.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

On a Red Sox Rumors site:

"ESPN's Jim Bowden broke down a scenario in which the White Sox would ask for infielder Yoan Moncada, outfielder Andrew Benintendi, righthander Michael Kopech and catcher/outfielder Blake Swihart in a package deal for Sale."

Actually looking at those trades, it's another reason why I think Sox should trade now.

For years prospects became overvalued, and you can see why. There was a crop of Correas/Betts/Bogaerts/Lindors etc that teams were harvesting and knew would be their next core. ML talent just wasn't valued as highly, with exception of a few nice deals.

Sox are at fortunate point where a lot of the teams that had hoarded talent now have a good crop already in major leagues and have excesses to trade, which is why we are seeing top 25 prospects go for rentals.

Well here's some more. Count the Red Sox out. If that's still there stance they arent going to get anyone. Here we'll take one of the best pitchers in the majors...but you guys cant have any of our best players in the lineup or minors. What a great deal!

"but the Red Sox have let other teams know they will not discuss four players: Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Kopech and Rafael Devers."

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/peter-gammons-...otes-from-july/

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Well here's some more. Count the Red Sox out.

"but the Red Sox have let other teams know they will not discuss four players: Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Kopech and Rafael Devers."

Gammons has not been a reliable source in over a decade

Edited by GoGoSox2k2

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Gammons has not been a reliable source in over a decade

For just general baseball news no. But for Red Sox news he absolutely is.

Remember a weeks ago when Dom said teams keep asking about players that are unavailable? Here they are.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
Well here's some more. Count the Red Sox out. If that's still there stance they arent going to get anyone. Here we'll take one of the best pitchers in the majors...but you guys cant have any of our best players in the lineup or minors. What a great deal!

lol

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)

What are they trying to offer for Sale then? Lmao

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)

That is why I would never want to trade with Boston. I think they always felt they could get Sale for second tier minor league talent. Why? I have no idea.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)

I think it's clear now that they arent. They just have to pray Price returns to somewhat normal status.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
That is why I would never want to trade with Boston. I think they always felt they could get Sale for second tier minor league talent. Why? I have no idea.

Because they ah the friggin Bahston Red Sawx

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
Because they ah the friggin Bahston Red Sawx

The Sawks are like negotiating with a ginger haired pudgy guy who wears his adidas jumpsuit selling car speakers out the back of his trunk.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
I still love Gammons just for the fact that he always confesses his LOVE for Carson Fullmer. He absolutely loves everything about the kid.

I love Gammons and Kurjikian. They seem like good dudes who love absolutely everything about the game of baseball and who love everything that they do.

All of this is postering. Dom tells Gammons who he can't offer to try and make it appear when he offers a couple of those guys he is making a really "strong" offer. Everything and anything done is postering this time of year.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)

Lies.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
All of this is postering. Dom tells Gammons who he can't offer to try and make it appear when he offers a couple of those guys he is making a really "strong" offer. Everything and anything done is postering this time of year.

Ofcourse it is. I still dont see it getting done though. Definitely not for Sale and most likely not for Q. Some of these teams dont have the assets in their minors to get him on that alone. The Sox are really the only team that can and I dont see Dom budging. Basically they shouldnt have traded for Pomeranz immediately.