Sox @ Tigers GAMETHREAD

ChiSox59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
I'd rather see the Sox win a few more games this season than have them lose to get a higher draft pick only to have them pick another Carson Fulmer.

Speaking of draft picks, Zack Collins was 0-4 with 4 Ks tonight...

Wow. Tilson already got hurt? Geez. I feel for him but am reading this thread about how he looked awful in cf before the injury.

Boy our team stinks. We are the patsies of the Central that is for sure. Except for Minnie, teams "appear" to beat us just by taking the field. We can't compete with Cleve, KC and Detroit. After we won it in 05 I was so hopeful we'd dominate the division for years to come. Too bad for KC they had to go as long as they have without playing the Sox. We usually get KC back on track.

Did Shields reek tonight or just have a bad inning or two? I have to get my new puter to watch mlb again.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
I don't understand why Fulmer is up. Is Jerry letting this thing just go to hell to be sure he's gona clean house? LOL this is incredible. He can't be this loyal can he?

People at that age get very set in their ways and are very resistant to change. Don't see the right changes being made until JR passes unfortunately.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Good f***ing God Avi is murdering baseballs tonight

It's why he has 9 lives. It's always a freak injury or DL stint by another player then he has a game like this then they keep giving him chances.

I'm just f***ing amazed that a pro athlete who has gotten as many chances as he has can't develop into even a serviceable player at the major league level.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
LOL Hawk said Avi is a five tool player and he still has a chance to make it. All he has to do is continue to listen to Todd Steverson. Say goodnight, Hawk!

Well he can join Beckham in the many tool players that are still searching for success.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 05:58 PM)
Any chance this convinces anyone who was talking about how well Shields was pitching and blasting anybody mentioning his peripherals to reconsider?

Your requisite I told you so post. Big deal so after 6 or 7 good games he had a stinker after 4 shutout inning against a team averaging over 7 runs a game their last 6 . I'll still take the 6 good ones in a row then a stinker every time from the 4th starter. I guess you feel vindicated now. Go celebrate your massive intellect.