8/10 Games

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
Rodon hasn't exactly been close to what we thought he would be and probably could have used more time in the minors.

He's been pretty solid so far. He's accumulated 3.4 fWAR in 41 starts (243 IP). Not crazy good, but solid for a 23 year old. I bet he makes a pretty nice jump next season.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
Besides those two, Sale, and Danish coming up for no reason. Who else has been rushed to the bigs the past 5 or so years pitching wise?

Not bigs but spencer Adams promo too

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
i hope we dont rush these guys too much. september callup for hansen is too soon IMO, let him continue to develop in the minors

fisher also 2/2 with a 2b and a BB tonight

I think the soonest Hansen is called up is after the break next year.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 01:42 AM)
Calling up Hansen seems completely absurd. Even if the team was in contention I'd be against it. He was *broken* in college less than 4 months ago. The Chris Sale schedule doesn't work for everyone.

I was talking in the sense of the absolute earliest.

I think we'll see hin on the southside in 2018

Edited by Joshua Strong

I don't why anyone is taking Ron seriously, there is zero chance Hansen gets called up to the majors this year and I would say AA is just as unlikely. My guess is he'll get moved to Kannapolis in the near future and finish out the season there. He'll then start 2017 in Winston-Salem. This a guy you take your time with and even our development staff must see that.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
Aaron Schnurbusch is giving him a run for his money. He's been fantastic for a 16th rounder. 2 for 3 so far with a homer. OBP over .500 after 40 games.

28th round pick. It's pretty absurd.

I've been trying to dig up some better info. I'm told he gets to everything in the outfield, so apparently he has good range there and a good glove. He's also got a strong arm (not a surprise as he pitched in his 1st 2 years in college), but get's a little too cute at times and tries to throw guys out he has no chance to. In terms of his hitting and that BABIP, yeah he's got some hits falling, but he's also hitting the ball hard with regularity. Shows excellent speed.

The Great Falls paper put out an article about him recently, and his mental and approach changes that he credits for making a big leap. Also quotes his manager saying he can't believe he was taken that late in the draft, FWIW.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
Also quotes his manager saying he can't believe he was taken that late in the draft, FWIW.

A while back I was curious about this guy and did some research. His college #s were really nothing to take notice of. He hit .270 or something.