White Sox vs. the Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland Athletics

Insp

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Preller is awesome. He is paying Shields more than Hahn.

At least they have a clear direction now that the meddling owner has realized retooling on the fly doesn't work too well in the face ofbthe LAD and SFG financial juggernauts...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 02:59 AM)
And the unforgettable Matt Davidson...

And you honestly think they'll blame injuries, their own lack of any quality depth, the Shields debacle and extend Ventura at the end of the year with those three excuses?

There's not a chance in hell Ventura is back

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
There's not a chance in hell Ventura is back

Back in the day, if you had asked me if they were going to extend Ventura I would have given the same answer you just did. And then they did extend him.

So what makes you so sure that Ventura will be gone for good after the end of this season?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)
There is a difference between a typo and not getting names right. Especially when you find it inexcusable for others to get names wrong.

The fact that I'm not getting paid to get the names right...are the mods now paying you a stipend that we don't know about?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
He looked good in the first inning

This just in:

There were reports that fistfights broke out in the A's dugout at the bat rack, with players battling each other for a chance to face Shields tonite

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
I can't find it anymore but I love the tweet that Shields has a nickname of Big Game because hitters have a big game against him

During the last couple of innings they had shown A's players in the dugout, clearly dejected, that Shields was removed from the game

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
Except for Erik Johnson, yeah. Hahn went into desperation mode because of the early hot start. Danks would probably be putting up the same numbers and quietly exiting if they went out 10-23, or even retired before the end of the season.

The bloom of the good start was hanging on the rose by half a thorn at the time Rick Hahn made the Shields trade. He was, as usual, oblivious to reality.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 02:39 AM)
Still 25% of the season left. Robin can still go now as far as I'm concerned.

I'm buying into theory they want to replace Robin with Renteria but don't want to do it now and see team play awful under him the rest of the way

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm buying into theory they want to replace Robin with Renteria but don't want to do it now and see team play awful under him the rest of the way

Yeah, probably true. Once the Sox won 3 of 4 in Boston, it was over making a change (even though they blew the last game).