Esteban Loaiza

Soxplosion

Do you still see Loaiza as a great ace or a Benedict Arnold of baseball?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still see Loaiza as a great ace or a Benedict Arnold of baseball?

• Ace
    • Benedict Arnold (great general but a traitor in the end)

I saw a few people bash on E-Lo and go unchallenged so Im curious if thats the common view. I think Loaiza did betray us and let us down. He had two chances to put away our rival and he failed both times, and then he failed again in a last ditch game against KC. He pitched great for us but when we truly needed him to be great, he couldnt do it. Personally, Im not overly fond of mediocre pitchers who come here and pitch like hell until we really need em where they go back to their old form. You guys have seen all year that Ive never been really fond of Loaiza, I always saw him as a bit of a fluke. Im not sure I want to see him back here next year either. Thoughts on this subject are appreciated...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benedict was a great and daring general but he felt his duty was unappreciated so he betrayed them. Loaiza didnt necessarily betray us but he let us down. He pitched great but in the end he failed us. If hes tired, it doesnt matter. His stupid ass shoulda said something. And if hes gonna blow down the stretch every year, I really dont want him back...

Roman...

This post reeks of someone that hasn't been in this world long enough to understand the limits that life puts on people. This guy exploded past his career bests in every category and he led the team in innings pitched...he simply ran out of gas!

That makes him tired, not a bad guy.

Tell someone he's tired? What would they do? Let Frank pitch in his spot? We don't have any other starters to give him a rest! If he said he was tired [he did, by the way, say he was tired, before he hit this wall] and didn't want to make a start, then people would fire on him heavily for missing a start down the stretch...

He's the one guy that I'll allow may be tired...

Forkit!

Neither.

I see Loaiza as a guy who did WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than was EVER expected of him, but is petering out at the end.

He is not a choker or a traitor in my eyes.

He had a great season with a lousy ending.

At least HE did not wait until late May to start winning ballgames.

As far as pitchers are concerned, he is the ONLY reason the Sox could have possibly climbed back into contention in the first place.

He is neither an Ace nor a Traitor, but he is MUCH closer to an Ace.

I dont give a s*** about Maggs imploding. Im no fan of his and I never said he didnt implode. Frank imploded too but hes a legend and he deserves respect. None of this "Big Skirt" nonsense. The man has 41 bombs and 100 RBIs. What else do ya want?

Do you have any idea how hypocritical you just sounded. You have flamed Loaiza for three bad performances when he had a great year. Then you try to defend Frank by throwing out his HR and RBI totals which are great and very good respectively but nothing all that special when you look at his BA.