Day Baseball Across America 15 September 2016 at 1:10 PM CDT

elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
I figure Shields will be back next year. Question then becomes do we bring up Fulmer or keep Gonzalez or both?

Shields will definitely be back. His value is so low right that there's no point in trying to trade him. You just hope for a rebound. I really think this back thing is what is bothering him and hopefully the offseason helps him get over it.

Next year I think the job is Gonzalez's to lose. Fulmer probably isn't quite ready. Hopefully he gets stretched out in the minors and if one of Shields or Gonzalez falters he will be ready to go.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Wow, Shields giving up 3 hits and 3 walks... No homers at the Cell with 8 strike outs in 6 innings. Against Cleveland too.

Maybe he's healthy again? Those numbers sound like James Shields from 2-3 years ago.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Maybe he's healthy again? Those numbers sound like James Shields from 2-3 years ago.

He's osculated between dog poop and respectability for us this year. I suspect more dog poop will be coming soon for good ol' Jamie boy.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
I don't really want us to finish the season on a positive note. Winning 60-70% of our remaining games will only make management think that Robin can get the job done next year. Let's lose, lose, lose, and get a new skipper.

Getting performances out of players who will be here in 17 is WAY more important.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
I don't really want us to finish the season on a positive note. Winning 60-70% of our remaining games will only make management think that Robin can get the job done next year. Let's lose, lose, lose, and get a new skipper.

Well they are playing in non pressure baseball. Ventura would be the worst thing for this team in 2017.