Congrats Chicago Cubs

knightni

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reddy are you are bandwagon fan and if you are then get out this borad we have for people the fans that desarve this wait so long sox fans should not be happy for the cubs though and root for them just becuase they are chciago team that like saying root the yankees when there two new york team

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
f*** yes it is bias. You are on a damned White Sox message board. What do you expect? This is supposed to be the one place where we don't get subjected to the fellatio of the Cubs that is pervasive in the rest of the world right now.

This is the crap that makes me hate all things Cubs. No, I don't have to like it, or even enjoy it. Get out of here with this BS. There are plenty of Cub fans who would love a White Sox fan to tell them how great they are now, go lecture them.

I didn't know a 15 minute rain delay was divine intervention. And the Heyward speech being immortalized might be the dumbest sports story in history. I guess he didn't listen to his own speech when he struck out horribly with the bases loaded. I guess anything to make it seem like he's not one of the worst signings in sports history at this point

QUOTE (gosoxtim8 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
reddy are you are bandwagon fan and if you are then get out this borad we have for people the fans that desarve this wait so long sox fans should not be happy for the cubs though and root for them just becuase they are chciago team that like saying root the yankees when there two new york team

brother look at the date I joined this board then ask that question again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
I didn't know a 15 minute rain delay was divine intervention. And the Heyward speech being immortalized might be the dumbest sports story in history. I guess he didn't listen to his own speech when he struck out horribly with the bases loaded. I guess anything to make it seem like he's not one of the worst signings in sports history at this point

The rain delay stuff is super weird to me. They had the meat of their order up against Shaw on his 2nd inning of work when he was struggling in his first inning, they were going to score no matter what. Anyone could have seen that coming.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)

That's how baseball works. You think ANY of the legends of the game are any different? They were all probably pretty trivial mundane things at the time ;)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
The rain delay stuff is super weird to me. They had the meat of their order up against Shaw on his 2nd inning of work when he was struggling in his first inning, they were going to score no matter what. Anyone could have seen that coming.

Divine intervention would be facing a team missing 3 of its best players

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)

This. It was inexplicable for Francona to stick with Shaw who obviously has nothing that night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Divine intervention would be facing a team missing 3 of its best players

?? That's called bad luck. The heavens opening up randomly in the 10th f***ing inning of a TIED game 7 of the world series? Come the f*** on. That's the textbook definition.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
?? That's called bad luck. The heavens opening up randomly in the 10th f***ing inning of a TIED game 7 of the world series? Come the f*** on. That's the textbook definition.

But it had no impact on the game. Just a pure random sidenote that is getting way too much attention. Kinda like the greatness of the Ross homer despite him costing them two runs with his defense and giving the Indians any hope at all

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)

I was off work on Monday and in the morning I had to get something at the Marshall's downtown. Mr. $184 million man was in Marshalls himself. All the Cubby fans wearing their hats and shirts had no idea who he was.

I mean the metaphors of it being tears of joy from Cubs fans who never lived to see a series is the STUFF of baseball legends.

Y'all can laugh and b**** and dismiss all you want. Again, I'm the most atheistic motherf***er around, but that's what makes baseball great. Field of Dreams? The Natural? THOSE are the stories that make baseball endure and keep the mystique alive. This just happened to be "real"

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
But it had no impact on the game. Just a pure random sidenote that is getting way too much attention. Kinda like the greatness of the Ross homer despite him costing them two runs with his defense and giving the Indians any hope at all

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't, but who cares!

Did Babe actually call his shot? Did Joe actually play without shoes? Did the Sox actually throw the series? Who knows! That's baseball, my friend. And I f***ing love it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 09:01 AM)

I seriously struggle with the rationale for coming into a die hard Sox site to post things that put the Cubs up on a pedestal. Are you expecting everyone to rally around you and admit that we all secretly love the Cubs too and are equally jazzed to be a part of this moment?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
I'm just glad that the national love affair will quickly erode and they'll just be another mega payroll team. Random people across the country will not be automatically rooting for these guys anymore. They've got their title so it's time to move on.

This will totally happen. And it should. And I'm glad for this too.

QUOTE (gosoxtim8 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
lot of cubs players will get lot monet espically if couple of players has scott boras and you know how scott and the cubs are not in good terms with one other

Seriously dude. Turn on spell check or hire an interpreter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
He stuck with everyone too long the last two games.

He had nobody else to trust though. Maddon f***ed up with Chapman too but it worked out.

Both managers were scared s***less of 80% of their pitching staff at the end, so the other 20% was used incorrectly. The Cubs had better hitters and actually play defense so they won.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
I seriously struggle with the rationale for coming into a die hard Sox site to post things that put the Cubs up on a pedestal. Are you expecting everyone to rally around you and admit that we all secretly love the Cubs too and are equally jazzed to be a part of this moment?

Love when you don't even bother to actually read what I've written. I don't give a s*** about the Cubs outside of that one epic moment that contributed to the already incredible lore of baseball. I love the game, as I've repeated incessantly. But sure, paint me however best serves your injured ego.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)

Seriously. You are in the wrong place if you are expecting a Come to Jesus moment from Sox fans on Soxtalk when it comes to the Cubs. In fact, crap like that only fans the flames more.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
Love when you don't even bother to actually read what I've written. I don't give a s*** about the Cubs outside of that one epic moment that contributed to the already incredible lore of baseball. I love the game, as I've repeated incessantly. But sure, paint me however best serves your injured ego.

If you need to post on line with people who feel just like you do, go to a Cubs site. You can wax poetic for the next week straight.

Just remember, this is the same fanbase that sent out death threats 13 years ago because one of their own tried to catch a foul ball. Now be happy for them.

I actually watched the Bartman inning on youtube last week. He went for it, the guy next to him went for it, but the guy next to him totally whiffed. When security came around, they guy who whiffed was pointing at Bartman telling the security to throw him out.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
He had nobody else to trust though. Maddon f***ed up with Chapman too but it worked out.

Both managers were scared s***less of 80% of their pitching staff at the end, so the other 20% was used incorrectly. The Cubs had better hitters and actually play defense so they won.

Maddon f***ed up with Lester more than anything else IMO.

He should have left Hendricks in.