President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
State's Rights!*

* Exceptions to State's Rights include regulating where you can go to the bathroom, who you can marry or sleep with, and what you put into your body.

Remember how awesome it was when Trump saved 800 Carrier jobs? Well Colorado created 18,000 jobs in 2015 in the marijuana industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp...m=.4659241ac5c9

SHUT YOUR MOUTH HIPPY!

Back in my day wed carry hippies like you out on a stretcher. Cocaine is the only safe and acceptable drug.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're talking about our new jobs President, outgoing Interior Secretary Sally Jewell gave an interview with Outside Magazine wherein she asserts that the outdoor industry is almost as large as pharma, motor vehicles, and motor vehicle parts combined. Because of this administration's commitment to jobs, I fully expect them to take our parks and climate change seriously...

https://www.outsideonline.com/2139866/sally...rtment-interior

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Which speaks volumes about sexism in our country.

Not at all. It just means that she wasn't a good candidate, but some people were willing to believe that she had some of Bill's magic. It was the same thing that got George HR Bush elected President. If he had been a VP under an unpopular President, he never would have been President himself.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
State's Rights!*

* Exceptions to State's Rights include regulating where you can go to the bathroom, who you can marry or sleep with, and what you put into your body.

Remember how awesome it was when Trump saved 800 Carrier jobs? Well Colorado created 18,000 jobs in 2015 in the marijuana industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp...m=.4659241ac5c9

I mean, Marijuana is still illegally to the federal government, but we've left it to the states to determine if it is there. Thats almost a model of what the republican party used to stand for

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
I mean, Marijuana is still illegally to the federal government, but we've left it to the states to determine if it is there. Thats almost a model of what the republican party used to stand for

Nobody actually cares about federalism.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017...eir-safety.html

Ten years later, and Kennedy is still at it, railing to like-minded activists on the evils of “Big Pharma” and the supposed plot to poison our children with vaccines. In 2011, on his Air America radio show, he claimed the government was "involved in a massive fraud,” and accused (YT: RFK, Jr.: Science Shows That Autism -- Mercury Link Exists - PT. 1/2)Click to play video inline. CDC researchers and doctors of “poisoning kids.” In a 2014 profile of Kennedy and his anti-vaccination efforts, Discovery writer Keith Kloor reported Kennedy had been a keynote speaker at the 2013 AutismOne/Generation Rescue Conference in Chicago. According to Kloor, “[Kennedy] referred to specific individuals—such as a pediatric researcher who was a vocal vaccine advocate—as the equivalent of Nazi concentration camp guards and said: ‘They should be in jail, and the key should be thrown away.’”

I wonder if/when we'll ever reach Peak Dumb with the Trump Administration.

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

our next President is a Russian puppet

There have been kompromat rumors floating around, but that report seems more concrete than anything else I've seen. Trump spent time in Russia and has lots of business dealings there.

I mean, if those allegations are true, his campaign was colluding with foreign agents and Russia has very serious information on Trump they can use to blackmail him. That's pretty serious.

Edited by StrangeSox

Would explain why he's been pro-Russia for so, so long and why it's his only consistent position.

e: I mean, this wasn't exactly unpredictable given that he had someone on Putin's payroll running his campaign for a bit, that he's questioned NATO the entire campaign, praised Putin consistently, and had the GOP platform changed to Russian-friendly positions on Ukraine.

e2: David Corn reported on this back in October

Edited by StrangeSox

...what? edit: god damn just got it, that's embarassing

Comey's had this evidence since August but didn't mention it, but he sure as s*** rushed out that "MORE EMAILS! (maybe?)" letter as fast as he could. I wonder if these documents were leaked by Democrats who were pretty shocked that Comey tried to claim that he wouldn't comment on any "pending investigations" re: Trump/Russia at the Senate hearings today.

I'm going to miss Reid, who called Comey out on this bulls*** back in October.

C12D2hmXEAAIImO.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

I'm still skimming through the rest, which involves a lot of accusations about collusion with Kremlin insiders. It also accuses Trump of directly bribing St. Petersburg officials. His lawyer, Michael Cohen, is accused of meeting with members of the Russian government and operatives/hackers. The document alleges that they discussed how to handle covert payments to operatives and make sure they wouldn't be traced if Clinton won. Apparently, Cohen's wife is Russian and his father-in-law is a property developer in Moscow. The head of Rosneft is also accused of offering Carter Page and Trump's associates a stake in the company if sanctions are lifted.

and re: source, maybe not (D) Senators, but the intelligence community instead who fears Trump's just going to dump all of the info and stop all investigations

One high level administration official told CNN, "I have a sense the outgoing administration and intelligence community is setting down the pieces so this must be investigated seriously and run down. I think [the] concern was to be sure that whatever information was out there is put into the system so it is evaluated as it should be and acted upon as necessary."

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
Yeah. As much as I hate BuzzFeed, their news department isn't terrible.

Now we just wait to see if it ends up being verified in any way, shape or form.

The memo BuzzFeed posted is legit, and it's what intelligence sources presented to Trump's team recently. What's unverified are the specific claims of the British and other intelligence sources, at least unclassified/publicly.

e: how? how does this election/Presidency get even more absurd?

e2: trump so into golden showers, he even makes his plane get them https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/79673146...src=twsrc%5Etfw

rather than being awful and emblematic of everything terrible with Clinton's campaigning style, "trumped up, trickle-down" was extremely accurate

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Yeah, there is no way that happens, right?

Well I'd have said that before this, He's scheduled and canceled a half dozen press conferences since the election and held 0, but it's at exactly the same time as his nominees will have 5 committee hearings so doing the press conference ends news coverage of those.