President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
She would have won if her name was Twillary Blinton or Killary Plinton. But people HATE Hillary Clinton, including many women, so here we are.

Clinton was the wrong choice after Obama and the turn out proved that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump Nominees Financed Senators Deciding Their Fate

Five of Donald Trump’s nominees collectively donated $106,000 to senators on committees conducting their confirmation hearings

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-nominees...fate-1484076076

Five of Mr. Trump’s nominees—Sen. Jeff Sessions, Reps. Tom Price, Mike Pompeo and Mick Mulvaney and former Sen. Dan Coats—have collectively donated about $106,000 to senators sitting on the committees conducting their confirmation hearings, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of Federal Election Commission data for the past six years.

The donations were made through the lawmakers’ leadership PACs, committees created most often by current and former members of Congress to help them raise their profiles and curry favor with their colleagues.

The donations aren’t without precedent—John Kerry, President Barack Obama’s nominee for secretary of state in 2013, had previously chaired the Senate committee tasked with confirming him and donated to its members. Still, they show the potential for conflicts as confirmation hearings begin.

[...]

“When you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do,” Mr. Trump said of politicians in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in July 2015.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
I know I know the leaked emails claiming the sabotage are just complete and utter bulls***. I never claimed their was voter fraud in the primaries, voter suppression OTOH, absolutely. Also I never said Sanders should have been the nominee, I just simply said to have the primaries without shenanigans. I know the numbers back up Hillary won but to some it's a giant asterisk.

As for the Trump bit, his supporters are extremely resilient if you haven't noticed; they were going to vote for him no matter what. He got his base so fired up that he could have said anything f***ed up during the campaign and the supporters would have believed he never said that. That's some grade A charisma right there.

Listen the DNC can do whatever shenanigans they want as it's their party but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't clean up their act if there are more red victories in the future. They are under a giant microscope now.

Care to actually provide any of these emails showing "sabotage?" I will gladly take a look, I just dont really feel like digging for the information. As for an asterisk, to some there is an asterisk to everything, I dont believe many people who are informed in the process will agree with that asterisk, but again, there are people who think that the moon landing has an asterisk, because according to them, we never actually landed there.

As for the DNC, everyone always looks worse the day after they lose. 6 Months ago the narrative was that the Democrats may take the President, Senate and possibly gain in the House. Now according to some the Democratic party is in disarray. Its nothing more than knee jerk reaction. At the end of the day, the Democrats/progressive will be fine. They have time on their side. The facts are simple, the US population is growing more diverse by the day. That being said, history is filled with "2 steps forward, 1 step back" moments. The US has for the most part avoided this, but even France had Napoleon after the French Revolution.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Kennedy says that Trump asked him to run a commission on vaccines. This will kill a bunch of Americans.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
Who loves Polio?

"But I wasn't ~*inspired*~ to vote!"

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Maybe their goal is to reduce the population? /green

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Vaccine truthers are some of the worst.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 03:26 PM)
Just use some cocoa butter and hot sauce and you'll be good as new.

Kennedy also said he lobbied Trump for increasing exemptions from vaccines as part of his commission on safety and scientific integrity, so at least we know it'll be fair and balanced.

I have a friend with a delightful 4 year old girl named Norah. She can't be vaccinated for reasons I never asked about but the girl winds up in the hospital with a severe cold or pneumonia once a year due to these issues. She is alive because she hasn't been exposed to anything worse. Her mom keeps moving as they publish vaccination rates on preschools and elementary schools in her area.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
Kennedy also said he lobbied Trump for increasing exemptions from vaccines as part of his commission on safety and scientific integrity, so at least we know it'll be fair and balanced.

I have a friend with a delightful 4 year old girl named Norah. She can't be vaccinated for reasons I never asked about but the girl winds up in the hospital with a severe cold or pneumonia once a year due to these issues. She is alive because she hasn't been exposed to anything worse. Her mom keeps moving as they publish vaccination rates on preschools and elementary schools in her area.

Olivia Nuzzi is going through Trump's twitter to find all of his anti-vax nonsense. There's not exactly a shortage of material.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi?ref_src=tws...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

C11XTIoXAAElaDm.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
Thankfully Darwin will handle this.

No vaccines, no health insurance = ...

But this is going to also impact people who were vaccinated but it wasn't 100% effective, newborns, people who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason.

Donald Trump’s ‘first attempt to ignore the law’

WAPO: From what you have seen of his efforts, do you think Kushner is going to be able to get around this law?

CLARK: In your question, you asked is Kushner going to be able to get around this. And I want reframe the question: Is Trump going to be able to get around this, because I see this as Trump’s first attempt to ignore the law, act in violation of the law, and he’s going to see if he can get away with it. We have a statute that names the president, that names the son-in-law relationship, that Congress identified a problem and enacted a statute prohibiting a president from hiring a son-in-law. President-elect Trump, in my view, is testing the waters to see if he can get away with violating what I would call this government ethics provision. And whether President-elect Trump gets away with this depends, it seems to me, in part on the public response as well as the congressional response.…

We’ll see whether President Trump is required to follow the law or not. And so, I think this is enormously significant, because it’s an initial test of whether — we’ve seen as a candidate, Donald Trump has violated norms, and now we’re going to see whether he also plans to violate the law.

WAPO: The Trump team and Kushner believe a 1993 D.C. Circuit Court decision gives them a way to make this happen, but you’ve noted that the section in question is “dicta.” Can you explain that?

CLARK: The crux of that decision was that the presidential spouse is a de facto officer or employee for purposes of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. And then, after [Judge Laurence] Silberman said that, he added dicta where he said, "We doubt Congress intended to include the White House under the anti-nepotism statute." Judge [James L.] Buckley on the D.C. Circuit concurred in the judgment, but refused to concur in the opinion, and specifically called out that passage and objected to it. So that part of the opinion, on which I suspect the Trump advisers will be relying, is absolutely dicta, and it’s, as I said, rejected by Judge Buckley.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
But this is going to also impact people who were vaccinated but it wasn't 100% effective, newborns, people who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason.

So how is that not "survival of the fittest?"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
Also said that the feds will go after legal pot under the new administration.

Good. Let them infuriate people.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
So how is that not "survival of the fittest?"

I guess I don't see a reason to be "thankful" that thousands of people will get illnesses that can be crippling or even fatal because of anti-vax morons and through no fault of their own?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
I guess I don't see a reason to be "thankful" that thousands of people will get illnesses that can be crippling or even fatal because of anti-vax morons and through no fault of their own?

America elected Trump. All citizens of the United States are at fault for that. Even myself, arguably one of the loudest critics of Trump, has to recognize the fact that maybe I could have done more.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
She would have won if her name was Twillary Blinton or Killary Plinton. But people HATE Hillary Clinton, including many women, so here we are.

Not a chance. If she isn't married to Bill Clinton, she couldn't win an election for dog catcher.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Isnt the republican party in favor of states rights?

State's Rights!*

* Exceptions to State's Rights include regulating where you can go to the bathroom, who you can marry or sleep with, and what you put into your body.

Remember how awesome it was when Trump saved 800 Carrier jobs? Well Colorado created 18,000 jobs in 2015 in the marijuana industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp...m=.4659241ac5c9

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Isnt the republican party in favor of states rights?

You mean the party of big government?

Let Trump destroy everything Republican's ever claimed to stand for. To quote Cyndi Lauper:

"I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors, thats why I love you. So dont be afraid, to let them show."