Four year control guys off the table(JQ,Nate,Eaton)

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
Here is a Rick Hahn quote that contradicts the thread title. He really would have no reason to lie.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/208...chable-players/

Yeah, that is as simple as this team isn't going to tell the fans the same thing they tell other GM's, for obvious reasons.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
Here is a Rick Hahn quote that contradicts the thread title. He really would have no reason to lie.

'we listen to offers on everyone' is a team's way of making it seem everyone is treated and valued equally. Feathers dont get ruffled / roster harmony.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
And it is also the truth. The longer term guys are available if the offer is great enough.

I don't think the offers will be great enough. A lot of what I see of people expecting certain prospects in return for Sale just isn't going ot happen IMO. I mean, read some of the comments on this article: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/209143000/wh...for-chris-sale/

No fan of any team wants Sale in exchange for almost MLB-ready prospects, and I don't think any GM will give what the Sox are demanding. Here is what I think is likely going to happen: Sale won't get traded because the Sox never got the package that warrants a Sale trade. Everyone gets pissed off because they think the White Sox are incompetent and don't know how to get a deal done. Well, I'd rather keep Sale and Q than trade them for something that isn't worth it. I'm not sure what the answer is to making this team good again, but it definitely isn't trading our best players for crap. I would be all for trading them for a haul of good prospects, but I just don't think it is going to happen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)

Kenny will probably say something in a few days that will contradict Hahn here.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
I still do not believe the Chairman is going to allow a rebuild. Sale might be traded, but then we are going to be told that the Sox are in a much better position to compete now with the players Hahn gets in return. I truly believe this is a smoke screen.

I'm really starting to believe that Sale will NOT be traded. They've probably set the asking price so ridiculously high (like asking $1,000,000 for a house that's only worth $100,000) that nobody will be willing to give up that many players. That way they can say "but we tried to trade him."

I'm sick of this front office.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
Kenny will probably say something in a few days that will contradict Hahn here.

I'm really starting to believe that Sale will NOT be traded. They've probably set the asking price so ridiculously high (like asking $1,000,000 for a house that's only worth $100,000) that nobody will be willing to give up that many players. That way they can say "but we tried to trade him."

I'm sick of this front office.

I don't think the mainstream fans want Sale to be traded...I don't think there is any reason to go through the motions here.