For us Highschoolers

The PSAT's are coming up in october. I just took my first version of the PSAT about two weeks ago and got a 1010, I am disappointed with those results, but I am taking an SAT class now, so hopefully the class and practice can get me to at least a 1200.

Anybody else feel like sharing their scores?

I'm a senior in chicago and around here we take the ACT's

I got a 26 the first time, 28 the second time.

Will be applying to the university of illinois by the end of the month.

Yeah I lived in Chicago until 2001, and plan to go back to the midwest for college, so I may take the ACT's too.

The PSAT's are coming up in october.  I just took my first version of the PSAT about two weeks ago and got a 1010, I am disappointed with those results, but I am taking an SAT class now, so hopefully the class and practice can get me to at least a 1200.

The preliminary test scores mean nothing. Just take an assistance class on what the directions are and test taking tips and you'll be set.

I had to take the ACT in high school. The prelim test I just bulls***ted because I wanted to get out early [we had it where we could finish, leave and go home whenever we did] So, I finished ASAP since the test didn't matter and I got a 20. I took the real one and got a 27. I could have done a little bit better but I got lazy near the end.

Thats really good, my bro finished with a 1230, so naturally my goal is a 1240.  You already have me beat. 

My strongest subject is history, and of course that isn't on the SAT's...figures  :angry:

Not on the ACTs either...

History has taken a backseat in the realm of American education.

Anyways, I only took the ACTs and I got a 29 the first time and a 27 the 2nd, but that was on 3 hours of sleep, a hangover, and without a calculator, so that score is skewed, IMO.

The PSAT's are coming up in october.  I just took my first version of the PSAT about two weeks ago and got a 1010, I am disappointed with those results, but I am taking an SAT class now, so hopefully the class and practice can get me to at least a 1200.

What school are you trying to get into. Take it from someone who took the SAT's like 7 times. They are overrated in general.

I took the ACT once. Got me a 26. I was happy with that. I knew it would get me into most of the schools I was interested in, so I was happy. When I got to Michigan State for a tour, they said the tests where not the first thing they looked for. GPA was the biggest thing. Then if your grades have been improving over the years. They looked down on people who had A's at beginning of high school, then went to B's, and ended in C's. I never even thought to take the SAT. It wasn't needed.

The preliminary test scores mean nothing.

Actually, at my school, they take the best of two scores from the PSAT's and the SAT's.

I grew up in Chicago suburbs, and I never even had to take PSAT's. I had to take PLAN test soph year then ACT junior year. Only the smart kids, for lack of better words, had to take the PSAT's.

Stayed up till 3 am the night before...woke up and got my 1210 and I was happy.

Got me into the schools I wanted to go to...then all of a sudden last minute I decided to go to Cal State Fullerton :lol:

SUP DESTROYED I GOT A 1220, b****!

Yeah, I was disappointed.

Just wait till I ace the LSATS and become GM before ya. I'll Billy Beane ya :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
Your first assignment will be to arrest Hsc on suspicion of everything........... :lol:  :o  :bringit

some one a little on the paranoid side here bmr???? ;) dont have to worry be good i dont go to new york unless i absoultely have to .. lived there once... never turned and looked back when i left........ ;)