Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
Completely hypothetical 3 way with Jays and Pirates:

Jays get Cutch

Pirates get Q, Reid-Foley

Sox get Glasnow, Newman, Vlad Jr., & Tellez

Seems steep for the blue jays, and light for the pirates to give up

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
That article showed quite a shallow understanding of everything going on.

I think it shows more understanding of what's going on. Look at the buzz that began after one tweet from Olney on the 21st that mentions the Pirates being interested in Q. That's not to say the Pirates aren't interested in Q or that Olney was wrong in his tweet, just that maybe we shouldnt put too much stock into what we read on the internet. Rumors are fun but they are rumors afterall.

I also agree with waiting to deal Q until July IF Hahn is not getting his asking price now.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
I think it shows more understanding of what's going on. Look at the buzz that began after one tweet from Olney on the 21st that mentions the Pirates being interested in Q. That's not to say the Pirates aren't interested in Q or that Olney was wrong in his tweet, just that maybe we shouldnt put too much stock into what we read on the internet. Rumors are fun but they are rumors afterall.

I also agree with waiting to deal Q until July IF Hahn is not getting his asking price now.

I agree, although I do think it would be better for the Sox if Q is dealt now as opposed to later in the season. Not that I want them to force the issue and move him just to move him, but it puts the team in a better direction. I get the impression that it was leaked to get another team to move in on Q in fear of losing out on him.

Hahn cannot wait to trade Quintana. If they wait until the deadline they may not find a suitor and then you're trying to move him in a free agent market overloaded with very good starters. A year from now they won't get half of what would be considered a low return now.

Either they deal him this offseason or they keep him for the next 4 years.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Hahn cannot wait to trade Quintana. If they wait until the deadline they may not find a suitor and then you're trying to move him in a free agent market overloaded with very good starters. A year from now they won't get half of what would be considered a low return now.

Couldn't disagree more. It's all speculation dude.

Half a year of Samdazjiezyeahhh got the top SS prospect in the game, the number four prospect in baseball at the time.

No one knows what we could get now, or at the deadline, or next year, or in three years.

Only thing that isn't speculative is this: if Quintana keeps pitching the way he has - he'll always be in demand and will always command a haul.

Edited by hi8is

This. The sox arent getting more value for Q than they will right now.

Edited by BRIRO2017

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)

Half a year of Samdazjiezyeahhh got the too SS prospect in the game, the number four prospect in baseball at the time.

No one knows what we could get now, or at the deadline, or next year, or in three years.

Only thing that isn't speculative is this: if Quintana keeps pitching the way he has - he'all always be in demand and will always command a haul.

Sox could get a ton at the deadline or next offseason, but most likely he gets dealt fairly soon

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)

Will that entail a brand new thread next July, or a continuation of this one?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)

Half a year of Samdazjiezyeahhh got the top SS prospect in the game, the number four prospect in baseball at the time.

Only thing that isn't speculative is this: if Quintana keeps pitching the way he has - he'all always be in demand and will always command a haul.

Except the free agent market is a little more saturated with pitchers next year plus the changes in team compensation probably decreases the chances he would get traded next offseason if he's still around.

The Trade Deadline probably wouldnt happen either. Alot of these guys they are probably asking for will be playing. We've already seen how hesitant teams are to trade players that are contributing on the club in the middle of the season.

So the previous post was correct. They need to trade him now if they actually want to.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
Except the free agent market is a little more saturated with pitchers next year plus the changes in team compensation probably decreases the chances he would get traded next offseason if he's still around.

The Trade Deadline probably wouldnt happen either. Alot of these guys they are probably asking for will be playing. We've already seen how hesitant teams are to trade players that are contributing on the club in the middle of the season.

So the previous post was correct. They need to trade him now if they actually want to.

Hahn will take his time in getting the right haul for their final blue chip trade piece

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)

Meh - I still don't agree. To each their own.

Only thing that will hurt Hahn's hand in dealing Q IMO would be an injury or a regression of performance. There are always going to be new badass prospects to be had and a top of the rotation cost controlled starter will always be in demand.