2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:
Moose
2:20
Hearing anything on the ChiSox with their 2nd round pick at this point? Thanks.

Eric A Longenhagen
2:21
College guys. Have heat at ACC tourney right now, Wake/Duke heading to the 12th as we speak

Lol. Griffin Roberts of Wake Forest perhaps? Give. I'd be stoked with a Madrigal/Roberts with pick 1 and 2.

Edited by DirtySox

If anyone else other than me is interested in the Auburn/Mize start today, rain has everything delayed a bit.  The Auburn/A&M game will start 30 minutes after the LSU/S.Carolina game, which is currently in the bottom of the 6th.

I think the college bat options are pretty lame after madrigal. A lot of power guys but not a ton of hitters. India and bohm are interesting but india doesn't have the track record and not sure bohm hits for average (same for swaggerty) or stays at third.

If bart and madrigal both are gone I wouldn't want a college bat which is a weakness of this draft.

2 hours ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

I think the college bat options are pretty lame after madrigal. A lot of power guys but not a ton of hitters. India and bohm are interesting but india doesn't have the track record and not sure bohm hits for average (same for swaggerty) or stays at third.

If bart and madrigal both are gone I wouldn't want a college bat which is a weakness of this draft.

Bohm is worth the pick at 4. Not saying he'll be anywhere near the hitter, but his swing and approach remind me a lot of Frank Thomas in the video clips I've seen of him.

Just now, Dam8610 said:

Bohm is worth the pick at 4. Not saying he'll be anywhere near the hitter, but his swing and approach remind me a lot of Frank Thomas in the video clips I've seen of him.

Looks Iike Morse and Bryant to me. I think he has the best chance in this draft to be a difference maker.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Looks Iike Morse and Bryant to me. I think he has the best chance in this draft to be a difference maker.

Bohm did Thomas's signature 2 strike approach, complete with bloop single to RF, in one of the videos I saw. That's what sold me on the comp in that regard.

27 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

The MLBPipeline draft rankings have been updated and expanded to 200

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=draft

Interesting updates. They have Madrigal as #3 in the class and give him 65Hit, 60RUn and 40Power. I've seen 20 power elsewhere. That changes things a bit if he can stay at SS. They have Singer at #2. With the rumors of Detroit possibly passing on Mize, I would hope that the Sox jump on that opportunity if given the chance. Mize is 60FB, 60SL, 70SPL and would be in the big league rotation at this time next year. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Interesting updates. They have Madrigal as #3 in the class and give him 65Hit, 60RUn and 40Power. I've seen 20 power elsewhere. That changes things a bit if he can stay at SS. They have Singer at #2. With the rumors of Detroit possibly passing on Mize, I would hope that the Sox jump on that opportunity if given the chance. Mize is 60FB, 60SL, 70SPL and would be in the big league rotation at this time next year. 

Almost seems like there some prospect fatigue with Mize.  A month ago the reports were all glowing and he was the clear cut #1 draft pick.  And while most publications still think he’ll go #1, there has been far more skepticism of him lately.  He’s the no-brainer #1 prospect IMO and we’d be insane to pass on him if he somehow made it to #4.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

On the BA Draft podcast, they downplayed the Mize rumors. Said very likely could be them trying to get his cost down by "looking" at other players. 

I think De Sadas falls but not sure he's my favorite anymore. His ranking was due to a very small sample performance that he didn't carry through in any following tourneys or seasons. Many more interesting players, even SSs.

But the Turangs/Kowars/Hankins, I don't see them getting past the 20s let alone the comps. Turang is gonna go someplace like LA Dodgers 🙄

#50 Kris Bubic LHP Stanford is listed as a senior.  Is that someone who gets taken and due to being a senior is signed way under slot freeing up money for others?  If so, I wonder if someone with a lot of comp picks might take him a bit early.

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Almost seems like there some prospect fatigue with Mize.  A month ago the reports were all glowing and he was the clear cut #1 draft pick.  And while most publications still think he’ll go #1, there has been far more skepticism of him lately.  He’s the no-brainer #1 prospect IMO and we’d be insane to pass on him if he somehow made it to #4.

His starts toward the end of the season werent as good as earlier in the season FWIW. Still think he is the first pick.

Mize has a SICK statline but really fell off as the season progressed, still prefer Singer who isn't as filthy but more consistent

Would love Madrigal or Singer at 4...I actually prefer a HS arm to Bohm at 4 and I think Hahn would too

see some very interesting names by our round 2 pick (Hjelle, Beer, de Sedas) and beyond (Hess-92, Sands-117, Montes De Oca-139, Schwarz-196, Rasmussen-200)

Madrigal, Hjelle or Singer, Beer would be an absolutely awesome Day 1

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think De Sadas falls but not sure he's my favorite anymore. His ranking was due to a very small sample performance that he didn't carry through in any following tourneys or seasons. Many more interesting players, even SSs.

But the Turangs/Kowars/Hankins, I don't see them getting past the 20s let alone the comps. Turang is gonna go someplace like LA Dodgers 🙄

Can't believe how far he's tumbled but he hasn't done much notable