2017 Video Game Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
I just installed that update last night. I just recently got Arkham Knight and I'm a little worried that I won't have enough room on my HD to play it. I haven't even opened it yet.

Same thing happened to me. Bought a 500GB PS4 Uncharted 1-3 bundle on Black Friday 2015 and I already managed to run out of space (literally when I went to play Arkham Knight is when I found out). I think the biggest games on my PS4 are Black Ops 3 and Arkham Knight. I also have: Evil Within, Last of Us, Uncharted 4, MLB 16: The Show, Resident Evil 0/1 Remastered set, Until Dawn, Tomb Raider (haven't played yet), and Dying Light (might be forgetting another game or two).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 07:31 AM)
The gamepad? or the pro controller?

I really like the pro controller, when I play Xenoblade Chronicles that is what i use because the wiiU pad is annoying much in the same way as you just described

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 02:12 PM)
Yeah the gamepad. I read a tip on Kotaku that you can switch the b and x buttons and it's better. I might try that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
Zelda is stunning.

And I f***ing love the pro controller

Just played it last night on WiiU, love it and didn't want to stop lol. I immediately changed the x and b buttons, still a little getting used to since i don't usually use the wii u gamepad but overall the game is beautiful. Also i hate roaming at night, i just sit by the fire and wait it out.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 06:21 AM)
Just played it last night on WiiU, love it and didn't want to stop lol. I immediately changed the x and b buttons, still a little getting used to since i don't usually use the wii u gamepad but overall the game is beautiful. Also i hate roaming at night, i just sit by the fire and wait it out.

I've probably put in close to 15 hours before really starting the main missions (except for the Great Plateau stuff). The world is just so cool & interesting that I've just kept going off in my own direction. And the crazy part is I've only explored 25% of the map, this world is f***ing gigantic and not in a overly intimidating way.

Also, for any fathers with young children on this board, I can't recommend the Switch enough. I literally got my Switch days before having twins and this thing has been a life saver. My ability to play PS4 or any home console for that matter is very limited due to work & parenting responsibilities. But when my 3 year old son is watching Trolls or Secret Life of Pets for the millionth time, I can get in an hour or two in of a legit 3D Zelda game. I can't express enough how f***ing awesome that is.

There are so many different ways to solve puzzles, and the open world let's you just do things whatever way you want. I really like the side quest adventure log, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to 100% the game. As part of my bundle I got the strategy guide, and it is a beast, 353 pages

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
There are so many different ways to solve puzzles, and the open world let's you just do things whatever way you want. I really like the side quest adventure log, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to 100% the game. As part of my bundle I got the strategy guide, and it is a beast, 353 pages

Is there place within the game where you can see your overall progress? I would love to 100% this game, but I'm a little worried that after 20 hours I'm only like 5% complete.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Is there place within the game where you can see your overall progress? I would love to 100% this game, but I'm a little worried that after 20 hours I'm only like 5% complete.

This game is just so vast,I've probably put like 7 hours and I honestly feel like I haven't done much.I'm barely trying to find the 3rd of 3 shrines to get the glider and I feel so slow but there's just so much that sidetracks me to explore.

I haven't found anything that tracks my progress but I really haven't looked lol.

I'm doing the zora quest right now and the difference between having a specific weapon given to you to use in a specific dungeon(like the older games), and having these runes and a bunch of different weapons is just crazy.

I'm probably 14-15 hours in at this point and have done nothing of significance other than getting off the grand plateau and uncovering the "main" quest line. I'm having too much fun getting lost on side treks/exploring new areas.

Other than the wonky controls, my only other complaint is the fact that your weapons degrade and break. I would have preferred you just get awesome weapons, or if they are going to degrade, make it a skill or an option in town to fix them. I go through weapons too fast. I read that later in the game weapons last a lot longer. I hope that's true.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 10:12 AM)
I'm probably 14-15 hours in at this point and have done nothing of significance other than getting off the grand plateau and uncovering the "main" quest line. I'm having too much fun getting lost on side treks/exploring new areas.

Other than the wonky controls, my only other complaint is the fact that your weapons degrade and break. I would have preferred you just get awesome weapons, or if they are going to degrade, make it a skill or an option in town to fix them. I go through weapons too fast. I read that later in the game weapons last a lot longer. I hope that's true.

Yea, I was caught facing a boss with not enough weapons and I had to reconfigure my plan. I got my strategy guide as a backup and the longer I go, the more I have to refer to it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
Yea, I was caught facing a boss with not enough weapons and I had to reconfigure my plan. I got my strategy guide as a backup and the longer I go, the more I have to refer to it

The ultimate weapon

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 14, 2017 -> 02:08 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3489302:date=Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:48 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->
<!--quotec-->Yea, I was caught facing a boss with not enough weapons and I had to reconfigure my plan. I got my strategy guide as a backup and the longer I go, the more I have to refer to it

The ultimate weapon

That is awesome and I am gonna try that lol

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 14, 2017 -> 02:08 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3489302:date=Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:48 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->
<!--quotec-->Yea, I was caught facing a boss with not enough weapons and I had to reconfigure my plan. I got my strategy guide as a backup and the longer I go, the more I have to refer to it

The ultimate weapon

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 14, 2017 -> 04:04 PM)
That is awesome and I am gonna try that lol

Didn't try this exactly but found out if you hit a cucco 4 straight times with an arrow he will summon this attack on you. Almost died lol